Massive Blue caught out of my 12' Jon - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Massive Blue caught out of my 12' Jon

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 07-17-2017 at 09:41 AM (232 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by Mack in N.C. View Post
The 12' Jon strikes again. Made a trip to one of My 2 favorite Cat rivers yesterday. the action was slow but it seems like every time I catch a big un it is on a day it is slow. Got to teach the wife how to net as that was a fiasco . The grabbers were not in reach so I finally just put my hand in her mouth and drug her aboard.

Fish was caught on my lightest outfit with me. Shimano 6500 baitrunner on a 7 ft tiger rod. Funny thing is this reel(have 2 spools) has CHEAP like on it. I was at Jennet's Pier 2 years ago and it got spooled by a big Ray or shark. I didn't bring any backup spools so I had to buy line in the pier shop. They only sell Cheap Shur Strike line at something like 2.99 a spool but this line has held up to several big cats and 5 Bull Reds.

I didn't have any cutbait and didn't buy Goldfish this time so my bait was big nightcrawlers. 2 each on a hook and sprayed with Garlic Juice. Instead on my usual 7/0 or 9/0 hooks I used 6/0 since I was using Crawlers.
Fish hit like a freight train .

An awesome day on the river with my wife and when we stopped for some eats at midnight I couldn't help but notice this 1970 cuda beside my truck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4095.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	152361Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4103.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	152369
Categories
Freshwater Fishing

Comments

Everybody knows Mack photoshops his fish especilially the cats.

he texted me a four pound channel cat and called it a fourty pound blue. Do not be deceived .