Wedding Day Drumming, Honeymoon Rainbows - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Wedding Day Drumming, Honeymoon Rainbows

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 09-23-2017 at 09:45 PM (248 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by ReelPrime View Post
Wedding Day 9/16

Late report, because Ive been honeymooning in the smokies all week. I have the best wife in the world, especially since she let me go fishing on my wedding day. One of her best friends was down from Roanoke, VA so I took her husband (Costas) and my best friend fishing on sat morning. We headed to a familiar spot to start corking for some big drum and within 30 mins Costas is hooked up. A few runs and he throws the hook about 20 yards from the boat. I immediately throw my cork in the boil where he came unbuttoned and slam the cork a couple of times and it shoots under and my drag is screaming. A short battle and we land the fish, right around the 42" mark. We continue the drift and Costas's drag starts screaming again. This time he is hooked good and he gets to fight his first bull drum. We land his fish and it measures 47", take some pics and send her packing. We fish around with no more bites and so we pick up and idle back to start the drift again. 20 mins into the next drift and Costas is hooked up again and this fish is smoking the drag. After a really good fight we land a butterball male and it measured 48" with a 28" girth. One of the biggest Ive seen all year and he is drummin good. While I'm taking pics, I notice a yellow tag hanging out of its dorsal fin. How lucky do you get, first time fishing for old drum and he catches two citations and a tagged fish. An awesome way to start off my wedding day. The bite dwindles so we hop around doing the light tackle stuff and catch a super slam with 1 keeper trout. Off the water by 11 and heading back to Washington to get ready for the wedding at 5. I shower, throw back some coffee and head to Chocowinity Bay to tie the knot. The wedding was wonderful with friends, family and fellow fisherman present to enjoy the festivities. I am so lucky to have married my best friend, who truly understands my addiction, but she will always and forever be my greatest catch.

Honeymoon in the smokies and yes in true fashion, I brought my fishing pole. We stayed near Cherokee and I fished some of the local rivers for trout. Didn't have much luck, til I thought about a topwater experience I had with a speckled trout hitting a speckled trout spook jr. Trout eat trout. I tie on a panther martin inline spinner in rainbow trout colors and a few cast at a nice hole and I land two nice rainbows. Both around 14" and both safely released to fight another day. The strength of these fish was impressive and colors and markings camoflauged them perfectly against the rocks. Next time I will definitely try my hand at fly flishing.

Back to the salt tomorrow with my dad and my father in law. Hopefully I will have a good report for yall, either way we will have a good time.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017092095181527.jpg‎ 
Views:	50 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	161345   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB95IMG951506131013306.jpg‎ 
Views:	49 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	161353   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB95IMG951506131034521.jpg‎ 
Views:	53 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	161361   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170916_074640.jpg‎ 
Views:	52 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	161369   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG950069.jpg‎ 
Views:	53 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	161377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG950072.jpg‎ 
Views:	773 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	161385  
Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments