Fishing with a Friend, the wind and Marine Fisheries! - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Fishing with a Friend, the wind and Marine Fisheries!

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 10-15-2017 at 08:54 AM (473 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
I met Timbo about a year or two before I joined this Forum through our jobs. After we first met we both talked about how we loved to fish and it was during this time he told me about this forum and I finally joined. Over the years our jobs have given us the opportunity to see each other more and now it is just about an everyday event. We have tried to take an annual fishing trip but we have missed some years because of schedules and work related events.
About a month ago we started talking about planning a fishing trip which we had originally planned for this past Wednesday but things came up so we changed it for today.
We got to the ramp right at daylight and we were met with a stiff NE wind but this wasn't going to ruin the day I had planned. We quickly got to the first location and Tim started off with a Topwater with no hits and I started beating the bank with a jig. Within a new minutes a had a short Flounder in the boat. Finally a 15 1/2" Flounder came in the boat and into the cooler for Tim and his better half to enjoy this weekend. A few cast later i hook into another keeper Flounder that was about 18" but only to get off at the boat. Tim has changed over to a jig and hits a Short Trout. I have changed over to a popping cork start bringing in another short Trout. During this time Tim says the "man" is coming up behind me. They come up to the boat and there are 4 officers in one boat. They check us from Stem to stern and everything checks out good. They were all very polite and advised they were out checking on some tips they had received on illegal activity happening in the area. They asked if we saw anything suspicious to please call their office. We finished fishing the bank and decide to move on to our second location. Tim brings in 1 short Flounder under a popping cork. We decide to move on to our third location at the back of a bay that I have fished in the past. We start throwing our popping corks and catch some short trout but keep moving further back in the bay. I see some trees laid over the water and shoot my cork directly by the tree. Second pop and my cork shoots under and the fight is on. I have the fish about half way to the boat and it comes unbuttoned. Timbo throws his cork in the same spot where I threw, 2 pops and the cork disappears! He is hooked up and his rod is bent really good and the fight is on. Finally gets it to the boat and in goes a 24" drum to the net. After a few fist bumps and photos we are right back at it but nothing else wants to play. We work this area over really good looking for that keeper trout but it just isn't there. I decide to move to our fourth location and start beating the bank with a jig and we pull in 5 more short Flounder. Finally we move to our final location and pull in a short Striped Bass. That completes the Super Slam and we decided to call it a day. We had to fight the wind today and caught a lot of short fish but it was a great day on the water and to be able to fish with my friend Timbo!!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0031.jpg‎ 
Views:	78 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	163897   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0032.JPG‎ 
Views:	71 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	163905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0035.jpg‎ 
Views:	1034 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	163913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0036.jpg‎ 
Views:	73 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	163921   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0037.jpg‎ 
Views:	67 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	163929   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171013_080615.jpg‎ 
Views:	68 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	163937  
Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments