Got Whoolies? - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Got Whoolies?

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 02-23-2009 at 02:21 PM (1100 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by bassasaurus rex

This weeks featured Fly Angler is WNC musician Galen Kipar.

Galen is a WNC music grad, and one awesome guitar slinger. Galen stays busy as a musician and a local guide. If you would like to contact Mr. Galen send me a PM and I'll send you his contact information. I shot this picture of Galen on our last outing to Cherokee.

I found out while fishing with him, that he is just as handy with that fly rod than he is with the guitar! Nice job Galen, I can't wait for the next time.

WNC weather should be great for some outstanding trout fishing this weekend. Forecast calls for more well needed rains for Wed-Sat with highs in the 50's. Which in turn should really turn the bite on.

This weeks Bass Rex Trout Tip:
Don't be afraid to hit your local honey hole during the rains.
Large trout turn on when the streams raise and cloud. High waters bring food down feeding lanes from up stream. Any time you see this happen, It's like a dinner bell ringing for above average fish.

Larger fish compete with the smaller guys taking the best feeding positions when rains occur. Try White or Black cone headed Whooly Boogers, San Juan worms, and Egg paterns during such conditions.

Chances are if you use enough weight to get your flies down IN THE HEAD OF THE POOL, you'll fool a trophy fish.
This brown was caught in such a fashion.

So get on the stream this weekend and try your luck. Make sure you pay close attention to your local regulations and stream conditions before you head out
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great tip! Thanks.