And the wind blows, AGAIN - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

And the wind blows, AGAIN

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 03-03-2009 at 04:24 PM (894 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ray
It's hard to fish when this is the forecast,
TONIGHT
NW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...BECOMING N 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 4
TO 6 FT THIS EVENING...SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FT. DOMINANT PERIOD 7
SECONDS.

I haven't heard of any fish in the local sounds. Some of the freshwater guys are catching a few perch in Currituck sound. There has been a few Tilefish & Sea Bass taken on the days you can get offshore. The commerical beach & trawler net season opened again on Monday for Striped Bass. I'm not sure who's bright idea that was with NC Fisheries, but they need to loose their job. If the comm. guys have their way, the Striped Bass days are numbered. I'm getting to the point, that I wish NC would do like Florida & ban comm. net fishing. It would only improve the rec. fishing. Here's an article that was sent to me showing what it does for the NC economy.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009
NC Saltwater Recreational Anglers Pump 2.5 Billion Into State Economy!

Below is an email that we recieved from Scott Steinback with NOAA. These are powerful numbers that cannot be ignored!.............

Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 9:26 AM

To: Dean Phillips

Subject: Re: Saltwater rec fishermen financial impacts

Hi Dean,

From your message, it sounded like you had a copy of the angler expenditure/impact report we recently released. All of the numbers you're looking for are contained in that report. If you don't have a copy of the report let me know and I can send you one. Here is an electronic link to the report (http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/st5/publ...ne_angler.html). In the report you'll see that we estimate marine anglers fishing in North Carolina in 2006 spent a total of $2.03 billion (the 5th highest total across the 23 coastal states). The $2.03 billion in expenditures generated $2.5 billion in total sales to businesses located in North Carolina, provided $780.8 million in personal income to workers in North Carolina, and supported 23,782 jobs in the state.

Food for thought.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Tell me more about the perch in Currituck ?