Jordan Lake 7/10 - Little man's first striper!!!! by RedMenace - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Jordan Lake 7/10 - Little man's first striper!!!! by RedMenace

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 07-18-2010 at 12:45 AM (867 Views)

Quote Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Wyatt AKA little man and I headed out to Jordan Lake last Saturday. Put the boat in about 4:00 and headed out to the main lake to try to troll up some stripers. Being that this day had been preceeded by 10 or so unsucessful attempts at reducing said species to possession (and my growing thoughts I was on a snipe hunt), expectations were low but it was a great way to spend some quality time with my son.

Headed out to the main lake and trolled for a while, swam for a while, trolled for a while, swam for a while, trolled, swam etc. About 7:15, little man inadvertently dropped the last root beer overboard, which led to much bemoaning of our current state of affair.

Within minutes though, the grieving over our early departed A&W was interupted by the sound of line peeling off one of the reels. Wyatt jumped into action, eyes still wet, and started reeling furiously. Seconds later, the other rod went off. Double! A few minutes later my first Jordan striper hit the ice while Wyatt was still working on his. Shortly after, his fish came to the boat, a really nice 26"er. Never seen the kid's eyes get as big as they did when he first saw it. Pretty cool - his first striper and my first at Jordan on a double.
Awesome, awesome day. A proud son, even prouder dad and 2 stripers on ice. Doesn't get any better. Definately something I'll remember for a long, long time.

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow! That is awesome! Congratulations to both of you on the catch! I bet the "little man" will remember it longer than Dad!
    EXCELLENT! Great memories for sure!
    What a wonderful day for a father and son!!!! That's what it's all about!
    THAT IS WAY COOL.... THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FATHERS DAY SPECIAL...!!!! LOOKS LIKE LITTLE MAN
    CAUGHT THE BIGGER FISH TOO....LOL...!!!I CAN'T THINK OF ANY BETTER WAY TO ENJOY THE DAY THE WAY IT HAPPENED. CONGRATS TO THE BOTH OF YOU. MAYBE LITTLE MAN WILL SHARE HIS SECRET FOR LANDING A BIGGER FISH. COULD IT HAVE BEEN THE ROOT BEER...LOL..!!!