Bass fishing 8-26-10 - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Bass fishing 8-26-10

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 08-28-2010 at 01:53 PM (1569 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by bigbasshunter

I got out for first light the other morning. I left my house around 530 and after a few stops (wal mart for a new digital scale, a replacement zara spook i lost the other day and bug spray), I got my first cast in the drink around 715.

I started out throwing a baby brush hog around grass beds and laydowns (landing a few) when I realized, "hey it's early---topwater." I tied my new zara spook on my 2nd rod and moved to a point where i could cast down the grass line and still fish around the structure that was present. First cast had a blow up nearly as soon as it hit, then like 10 feet from shore, a huge wake and swirl. She missed it!

I cast away for one and then back to same place. Walked the dog with a pause and go retrieve and when I passed over where she was eagerly waiting... WHACK- she hammered that thing and started running. I got her turned and heading back in when she ran under into the grass bed. I hauled her in with several pounds of hydrilla around her and my line. She was gorgeous, I reached down, lipped and cleaned her off. I threw her on the new scale and right at 5 lbs. A very nice start.

Caught a few more lil guys on the same spook, and then switched back to the brush hog. Junebug color was on fire, I caught probably 25 bass from 715-11 am, with probably a dozen 2 pounders along with that 5 pounder. Great day on the water... some of the pics are on my profile, I got tired of taking pictures of them after awhile, even lost count---a great day

This is my first blog, so stayed tuned to more to come....
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0826100838a.jpg‎ 
Views:	185 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	15219   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0826100839a.jpg‎ 
Views:	211 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	15220   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0826100926a.jpg‎ 
Views:	186 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	15221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0826101040a.jpg‎ 
Views:	184 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	15222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0826100900a.jpg‎ 
Views:	173 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	15223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0826100839b.jpg‎ 
Views:	181 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	15224  
Tags: bass fishing
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awesome post, awesome fish. I've never done any freshwater fishing, but these reports intrigue me more and more everyday.
    Just caught my first 5lb'er 2 weeks ago. I know it must have been a real thrill for you! It sure was for me. You'll remember the day you caught soooo many bass you couldn't count them all for years to come. Good memories. Thanks for the post. Hope you have many more days like that one to report!
    NICE DAY ON THE WATER & A GOOD FISHING DAY AT THAT. THAT'S A BEAUTY YOU CAUGHT.
    THANKS FOR SHARING. I LOVE BASS FISHING AND ESPECIALLY WITH THE FLY ROD. MY FRIEND & I HAVE A FLY THAT IS KILLER ON THE BASS. WE FLY FISH FROM A KAYAK WHICH IS STEALTHY & FUN. WE ALSO TE OUR OWN FLYS , WHICH MAKE IT SO MUCH MORE FUN. LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE REPORTS.
    Great report and pics. A camera is as important as a rod and reel anymore. Tight lines.
    Thanks for sharing the report and pis. Great job pulling those bass out of the weeds!
    Great post and pics! Walk the dog, catch the hawgs. Great job!
    Nice fish. I have 7 pay to fish ponds that have Florida Hybrid Largemouths, Hybrid Stripers, large Channel Cats, etc. duplintrophyponds.com Check it out. There are a ton of pictures. This may be the best fishing in NC. Michael