Hardcore Invitational 2010 - Back in Black! - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

Jeffonc

Hardcore Invitational 2010 - Back in Black!

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 10-12-2010 at 09:03 AM (2024 Views)
Another rocking event on the upper end of Lake Wylie as 39 anglers launched, paddled, fished, ate and enjoyed great company at the 2nd Annual Hardcore Invitational.

Small fish were cooperative, but real contenders for the awards podium were tougher to find than expected. Wylie is several feet low and very clear, and the bright sunshine and warmer temps seemed to make skittish fish even more skittish. Most of the fish caught were in the 12inch range.

Once again, festivities were kicked off by Trip Rogers fine work on the guitar.

Video of the last bit of the Anthem (from photobucket) - this guy is GOOD! I could have delayed the start for a while while he played.
http://s434.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=102_0370.mp4

Apparently local authorities were tipped off to the crowd assembling at Bobby's Place in Mt Holly and dispatched an appropriate response. Always nice to know that somebody cares enough to send their very best!

Six places were awarded and the podium was full of familiar faces.
  1. Yak4fish (Phillip) - 17.25in
  2. Tilly (John) - 16.5in
  3. Toba (Bob) - 16in
  4. Snakehead (Barry) - 15.25in
  5. tie - Gwen, Tacobo (Bo) - 14.5in

I tried the (long) day trip again. Left home a little after 3am, picked up
FishJunky (Clint), and made it to the launch by 6:30. Home by 7pm. I think getting up that early and driving that far take some of the sunny off my sunny disposition. Need to go with plan B next year and spend the night out west.

Here's my best, doing all he can to reach 11inches (note that folding ruler is still folded):

Sorry, no pics of the BBQ. It was outstanding and it was gone in the blink of an eye! Not sure if that 'Q is publicly available or if it was custom made for us, but it deserves a well-earned ovation. Big thanks to Tim's sister for bringing it out.

See more details in on the Hardcore Kayak Fishing Team website

Also the results post in the tournament thread in our forums - https://www.ncangler.com/forums/118/2...tml#post229626

2010 Shirt

See everybody next year!
Categories
Kayak Fishing , ‎ Freshwater Fishing

Comments

GOOD JOB FELLAS, CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS.
    A FUN DAY HAD BY ALL WITH FRIENDS.
    That picture with all the yaks floating by the bridge is awesome.
    Thanks for the blog Jeff! It was a great time- just not great fishing. I got one almost 17 in friday practicing. Wish I`d left that tree alone until saturday.
    Now I`ve got about 9 months to just get back to fishing before next year-
    3rd Annual Hardcore Invitational- Screamin' For Vengeance!
    when will the event be held next year? how can my brother and I jump into the action? thanks