Harris 4/9 & 4/10 - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Harris 4/9 & 4/10

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Awarded by , 04-12-2011 at 01:17 AM (1422 Views)

Quote Originally Posted by toba View Post
Saturday, Skooteri and I launched at about 6am. It was clear to us in the first hour that a lot of males had moved shallow and wanted to start bedding down. Plastic lizards thrown in shallow water got us a lot of action on the day. Most hadn’t started making beds yet because their tails weren’t bloody (only 2 bloody tails). With the full moon coming up in the next 2 weeks, it’s clear that largemouth bass love making time is about to get started.

We left the water around 2pm after catching 30 largemouth, mostly small, aggressive males (only 5 were 16″ or better). My best bass went 18.25″. Scott had the lunker of the day (and weekend) with a nice 6.5 lb, 21″ largemouth.

Sunday, turtlestew and I launched about 6:15am after a night of hard rain. We knew the water would be quite a bit muddier in places, and the bite wouldn’t be as consistent as it was yesterday. We were still able to get into some quality fish, as we landed 20 on the day. Some of the bass in the morning came on buzzbaits, then we switched over to worms and lizards. My biggest was 20.5″ and a shade under 5 pounds – it was a male that’d just moved up and started fanning a bed (see tail in photo).

Turtlestew’s biggest 3 bass today went 19″, 18.25″, and 17.25″ for a total of 54.5″. I, too, ended up with 54.5″, but everyone knows that the tiebreaker on Sundays is the number of fish caught, so Joey ended up taking the “victory” (his first in a looong time – good job, dude!).

Categories
Kayak Fishing , ‎ Freshwater Fishing

Comments

WAY TO GO FELLAS....REALLY NICE BASS & FUN TIME ON THE WATER. WISH I COULD GET MY PICS OFF MY CELL PHONE TO POST FOR YA. I CAUGHT A REALLY NICE BASS ON THE FLY ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO. I TOOK MY SHOES OFF TO TAKE THE PHOTO OF IT NEXT TO THEM. ALMOST 2 SHOE LENGHTS LONG...I WEAR A SIZE 12 SHOE. I WOULD SAY AROUND 19.5 TO 20 '' LONG AND AROUND 6 LBS OR BETTER. MY BEST LARGE MOUTH BASS ON THE FLY ROD YET. CAOUGHT ON A NEW BAIT FISH STREAMER PATTERN I HAD JUST TIED. THE TYPE OF BAIT FISH PATTERN IS POSTED HERE ON ANGLER UNDER FLY TYING.