Sea View Pier 5-1-2011 - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Sea View Pier 5-1-2011

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 05-01-2011 at 08:39 PM (1548 Views)

Quote Originally Posted by TimC View Post
Today I fished the Sea View pier from 7AM until 7:30PM and the chopper blues were biting. When I got to the pier they have already caught three chopper blues. Those were on cut bait fishing near the suds. So I put out the king rig and pulled in the first chopper of the day off the king rigs which weight 9.9 pounds. A couple more chopper were landed and then I got my seconds at 7.6 pounds. During lunch I was asked to watch some rods while they went to eat and that is when I pulled in my third chopper blue at 12.1 pounds. Towards the end of the day I picked up my go home fish which was a chopper blue at 7.2 pounds. A total of 14 chopper blues were landed and a whole lot of tailor/snapper blues were landed. The blue bit all day long either on plugs when the water was clear then on cut bait once the water got sandy and then back to plugs as the water cleared this evening. So this was the first time putting out the king rig and it was a good day. We left a good amount of blues in the bait tank.

Tim C
Categories
Surf/Pier Fishing

Comments

very nice, cant wait to make it down that way
    bLuEtIfUl....great piks...thanks for the report...bLuEtIfUl