Mahi - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

Topsail Angler

Mahi

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 07-04-2011 at 05:49 PM (1837 Views)

Quote Originally Posted by bonedoc View Post
Well,

I had the awesome opportunity to take a friend out with our two sons Aiden(8) and Garrett(7) for a trip out of bogue inlet on Saturday in search of hungry fish! Plan was to try out AR 345 for BSB and flounder. We ended up catching a few sharks including a small bull (4 feet) and a few atlantic sharpnose (pictured). The fishing was relatively slow, but the weather was great. We decided to head for deaper water for more keeper BSB's and maybe a Gag or two. Talked to a buddy that charters the night before about possible mahi action, and he said that the time has come and gone for them to be close... I have never been happier that a friend was wrong! I saw a few AJ's and tried to bring them to the boat with a popper... Had the incredible experience of watching a gaffer dolphin get arial trying to catch up to my lure. He skied 3-4 times before snatching the popper. Kept him at the edge of the boat for about 10 seconds and watched the school move in. We kept one in the water while we handed off the fish to the boys... Over 90 minutes we landed 28 mahi and boys lost at LEAST that many! It was Garrett's first fishing trip in a boat and his first time in saltwater!

By far the most fun I have had fishing (and watching the boys fish)!

We were around Rock South 13 on a ledge I found. I had my trout rods set up with casting lures (2ou Kastmaster and a gold Gotcha plug). All of the fish were caught on those two lures!
Categories
Offshore Fishing

Comments

That's what it's all about right there. Nothing like having the kids enjoy their time on the water. Great job guys!
    Nice Job!! What time is dinner?
    Chicken Mahi!!! Gotta love them...