Oriental Old Red Drum catch 8/23/11 - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Oriental Old Red Drum catch 8/23/11

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 08-28-2011 at 08:48 AM (1922 Views)

Jeff caught his first ever old red drum, a beautiful 48.5" female.
Quote Originally Posted by NCangler View Post
NCangler.com moderator Jeff O (Jeffonc) and I headed to Oriental today to spend the afternoon fishing with Capt. Dave Stewart of Minnesott Beach Bait & Tackle/Knee Deep Charters for some old red drum on the Neuse River. It was to be our warmup trip for a week in Oriental leading up to the first annual NCangler.com Oriental Meet & Greet. That plan changed however when hurricane Irene started focusing on the coast of the Carolinas. Late Tuesday we decided it best to cancel the Saturday event and try again in a few weeks. However, today was about fishing with Capt. Dave!

The wind was blowing pretty good when we left Capt. Dave's at Minnesott Beach and after anchoring up on two spots with no bites we settled in on a third site and proceeded to boat four nice fish before heading in before sunset.

Jeff's smile says it all!

I followed that fish with my largest male old drum to date, a 48.5" beauty!

I followed that up with a 38" male who put up a great fight and Jeff ended up with a 40" male that took awhile to get to the boat.

Capt. Dave put us on some beautiful fish and was a joy to fish with. If you're interested in catching one of these beautiful fish give him a call to schedule a charter. You won't regret it!

Now that we got in some fishing, Wednesday will be spent preparing for the coming storm. Be safe all!
Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments

Great Time - Thanks to Randy and Captain Dave!

I've added a follow up with a few more pics on the forum thread - https://www.ncangler.com/forums/threa...241#post288241
    Awesome fishing update. Keep up the good work guys!