2 days of Old Drum fishing - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

2 days of Old Drum fishing

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 09-11-2011 at 09:38 AM (1889 Views)

Colin with a nice 50"er!

Quote Originally Posted by hyperstriper View Post
Well it's been a while since I've posted much, but here goes a good come back! I've fished the last 2 nights for Old Drum in the mouth of the Neuse with some really good results. Fished Thursday afternoon from 5:30 until 9 PM, landed 19 and lost 3. Fished last night from 6:30 until 10 PM, landed 14 and lost 3. Both nights had a good mix of citation size class fish and a good amount of bait stealers, with fished through 20lbs. of mullet both nights in 3.5 hours. Both nights we had multiple doubles and even a triple on Thursday night with only 2 people on the boat and we managed to get all 3 of them in! I didn't see a lot of junk in the water either day and the water in the mouth of the river looked pretty good. Going to be heading back tonight if I can put together a crew. Here's just a few pics from each night!

My beautiful wife with a nice 40"er!

Rob with a nice 48"er!

Tina & I with the big girl of the night, a nice 53"er!

And my wife with another nice 48"er!

If you want to catch some Old Red Drum now is the time to do it! But carry plenty of bait because you will go through if fast!!!!!
Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments

Outstanding fish you and crew are catching! What a blast to be boating those fish.
    that is alot of action for less than 4 hours...full moon maybe?
    Jealous I wasn't in on it.
    yeah jealous havent river or ocean fished in 4 years