Tarheel Fly Flinger - New Years Eve Spec Trout!! - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

Topsail Angler

Tarheel Fly Flinger - New Years Eve Spec Trout!!

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 01-01-2012 at 07:29 AM (1611 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by tarheel fly flinger View Post
Rhonda and I wanted to get in one more trip in before the cold snap and with the wind direction we opted for Blounts Creek. We fished the afternoon and hoped to catch some Stripers but the wind was strong enough to blow the water out to a low level. The fish were nowhere to be found but right at sunset I had a really good hit and to my surprise it was a really good trout!! One minute later Rhonda had a hard hit but got off and 30 sec later she had a solid take and she expertly guided her to my net!! You all have got to see her smile...that's why I love to take her fishing!!! (such enthusiasm)
Quote Originally Posted by tarheel fly flinger View Post

The set up we are using ....for her its a 2 in shrimp Gulp on an 1/8 oz jig head. She throws it out back of her yak and just starts paddling! She will vary her speed till the fish reacts. My set up is attach a cork 4 ft from the soft plastic bait (twin tail grub) and troll it at varying speeds . Today it was the green color.

Last shot is Rhonda in down town Blounts Creek Bridge

We wish EVERONE A HAPPY AND WEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!
Categories
Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing

Comments

nice catch! i went out yesterday to but i skunked out. my red fish honey hole was holding them but that wind you were talking about was not letting me see them until i was right on top of them and when i would stop paddling to get my rod the wind just blew me back. tight lines to you for 2012.