A Little Rain Never Hurt Anyone....(Eastern NC 1/11/12) - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

A Little Rain Never Hurt Anyone....(Eastern NC 1/11/12)

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 01-13-2012 at 07:12 AM (769 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by LINC FiShEr View Post
Matt and I fished from 11-4 yesterday...All the factors working against us: Started late, Water was 4ft low, No moving water, RELENTLESS POURING RAIN FOR 5 HOURS. Hadda look for them and cover ALOT of water, but Still Got them. Caught a few Stripers, Cats, and Gar as well. Nothing came from the same spot, every fish we caught seemed to be isolated but in the same general area.

I AM FAR FROM AN EXPERT AND EVEN FURTHER FROM BEING "GOOD" BUT ANYWAYS, I HAVE LEARNED SOME THINGS THAT HAVE REALLY HELPED SO HERE'S SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT ESPECIALLY FOR BEGINNERS OR THOSE WHO HAVE'NT SPENT MUCH TIME FISHING THIS TIME OF YEAR:

If conditions aren't perfect, you get up too late, you don't have the lures you like, etc. etc. etc............Who cares? Stay on the trolling motor and keep covering water until you find them. You can fish slow but still be moving at the same time. Dont fall in love with a spot, Cast a few times, if it looks really good you can always try it on the way back. Your not a fish, you don't really KNOW how good a spot is . Unless you have the luxury to fish everyday, go make it happen. you can always make something work. Catching only one fish is a successful trip.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	best.jpg‎ 
Views:	1414 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	36225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	table.jpg‎ 
Views:	630 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	36226  
Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments