2-12-12 Windy and cold Fontana Report - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

2-12-12 Windy and cold Fontana Report

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 02-13-2012 at 08:37 AM (882 Views)

Quote Originally Posted by WNCSLIM View Post
2-12-12 Fontana Windy, cold, bright, did I say windy and cold? But the fish were out of the wind, and loving life. Took live bait with the anticipation of upcoming trips and the fish decided that was ok by them. This was almost as exciting as striper fishing. Used 8' crappie rods with 3/8's weight and about 6-7 feet of leader and slow trolled with the trolling motor. It was more like tried to hold the boat somewhere in the vicinity of 30-60 feet of water off of points. Fished different points today and there were fish on almost every one. Didn't catch quite as many as last time, but they were a little bigger. There ain't nothing funner than catching these things on light poles. If the weatherman is right this week should be real good and it won't take an act of congress to stay in one area. These fish are real fat, but did catch one smallie that had a little scoliosis, I think I remember that was caused by a bacteria when they were small, but not sure. Don't see it as much as I used to. Have a couple of trips this week, so will let you know how we do. Later Capt. James

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-12-12 chunk.jpg‎ 
Views:	170 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	37083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-12-12 Font sm.jpg‎ 
Views:	1137 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	37084   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-12-12 Fontana.jpg‎ 
Views:	171 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	37085   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-12-12 Smallie.jpg‎ 
Views:	170 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	37086  
Categories
Freshwater Fishing

Comments

awesome samllies there congrats on both buckets and small mouths