2-23-13 - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

2-23-13

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 02-25-2013 at 03:13 PM (1074 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by WNCSLIM View Post
2-23-13 Fontana report Fished for the first time in a couple of weeks at Fontana by my lonesome. Have waited out the rain and seems to have finally leveled off. Started up the Little Tenn. and the water got dirtier and colder and didn't mark much so didn't spend too much time there. I know the eyes have to have started their rites of spring, but they seem to not be wholly into it yet. Ended up in the usual places up the Tuck with fish all over the place. Caught maybe twenty total with half coming from trolled Alabama rigs and half on jigs. Should have gotten pics of whites there were some really big ones. Had doubles a couple of times, one in the pic with a white. Most spots and smallies were caught just off the banks in 20-30 feet of gradually sloping points most without rock, so they are staging for the spawn. This pic didn't do the smallie justice, it had a huge belly on it. It is going to get good after this coming cold week. Threw in a couple of pics of my buds and our trip last week to Hartwell, wish these were in Fontana like that last post, but they ain't. Later Capt. James
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-23 13 Alabama double.jpg‎ 
Views:	164 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	49019   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-23-13 Fontana smallie.jpg‎ 
Views:	165 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	49020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-15-13 Ronnies first striper.jpg‎ 
Views:	1917 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	49021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-15-13 John and Hartwell stripe.jpg‎ 
Views:	173 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	49022  
Categories
Freshwater Fishing

Comments

That's a nice striper!