A sea of albacore... - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

A sea of albacore...

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 05-16-2013 at 09:05 AM (853 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by NCStateFisher View Post
Yesterday my friend and I had the chance to head down to the coast to fish with my other friend. We went out lookin to jig up some flounder but were unsuccessful other than a couple chunky sea bass, a good sign for the opening of the season in june. On the way back we saw birds... lots and lots of birds and no boats. We pulled up in to em unsure what they were, and two of us hooked up drags a screamin. Finally saw some of the fish and they were albies. For the next 2 hours or so we worked these schools of fish probably caught over 30 albies mostly from 5-7lbs with a handful of babies i'd never seen that were around 12" long. We were in this school thicker than i had every seen them. We were floating through them and giant bait balls of glass minnows were trying to hide under the boat. Dozens of huge sharks were cruising around right under us average size of 5-7' with a couple bigguns pushing 8-10+. There had to be thousands of albacore in that school. We literally didn't have to cast or even move the lure, you could put anything shiny in the water off the side of the boat and watch the albacore come slam it and take off with it. Truly a great experience to be a part of. Wish i had thought to take some pictures of the water but i only had time or took thought to take 2 pictures the first time we were repositioning. Great Fun day on the water!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	albacore 003.jpg‎ 
Views:	1220 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	51727   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	albacore 001.jpg‎ 
Views:	140 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	51728  
Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments

That is AWESOME man, glad you got into them like that, i never have!! hope to change all that this weekend weather permittin of course