New to yakkin new to yak fishin and new to reds from the yak - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

New to yakkin new to yak fishin and new to reds from the yak

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 06-10-2013 at 08:21 AM (1889 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by NCPIERMAN View Post
In less than a week it will be 2 years since my wife had an anurizm burst in her brain and the news got even worst with them finding a total of five of them in her brain
it has been a hard 2 years for sure with many ups and down and im glad to have God and great friends on our side.

Prayers were answered every day of this dilema as she has come thru with flying colors over the last 2 years and everyones continued support has meant alot so to those who know us im glad to write this report.
Ruth and i decided to get her back out on the water today but not from the boat,yet a kayak

this is the first time she has paddled on a tide flow creek and the frist time since she was a wee little girl
We hit bear creek around 6 pm as the tide was just turning to come in and set off to a place i managed a few reds the day before,it was a little hard on her since she hasnt really been out of the house all that much this year except to the stores.

We had only been in the spot for 15 minutes when the first red slammed her but pulled off but not long after that i hear the reel scream a bit and the rod bending hard,the FIGHT was on

When all was said and done she had landed her first red from the yak at 20 inches.

She said she was up for more so i rebaited her up and put her back in the spot and 5 minutes later she was doing battle again with another drum

This one was under slot but never the less another yak drum for her

After this fish we started to head in since it was getting dark and the wind was rough and now she was gonna have to paddle not only the current but the wind as well and she did awesome.

There is a moral to this post if ya know what i mean and it is BELIEVE in the power of prayer and believe in GOD cause he is real and all around us,most of all when things look the darkest always dig deep and push on,friends and family will always be there to help.

Thank you all each and everyone of you whom have said prayers and have befriended her over the years and know that your prayers have all been answered,THANK YOU.
Categories
Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing

Comments

Well, I'm glad I'm the 1st one commenting so everyone can see me apologizing for not being on here in the past 2 yrs. I started reading all the posts from when I was in the hospital and it was just too much. I was just sooo overwhelmed at the time that I couldn't handle it at the time. I hope you can all understand that. I have been out on "The Revenge" just not very much. This was a whole different ballgame and I've been wanting to do it since we got the yak for Abi 2 Christmas' ago. Yesterday just had to be the day. I had it in my mind and I know my sister Elaine who helped fund that yak with a Christmas gift and my Mom, who passed 5 months ago yesterday were looking down and watching over us. At times I think maybe Mom was parked on the back of the yak! Those winds got brutal coming back!
    But seriously, my thanks to all of you for being here for myself and for being here for Tim and also Abi and the baby when I was in the hospital and they were just so beside themselves. We've all come so far in just 2 short years. It's hard to believe but we all know the power of our Lord. I know I've thanked many of you in person but to those of you I've missed, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Ruthie ; )?
    Thank you goes out to NCANGLER and topsail angler as well for the front page spot on this one,it is definetly a good one for us all.
    Congratulations on EVERYTHING!! Its so nice to hear a postive story expecially from a fellow angler and anglers family!!
    2840-fish
    thank you sincerly this site has tons of great people and if it wasnt for the prayers and help they have shared i dont think she would be where she is today
    You guys ROCK!! You go Ruthie!! Love ya guys!!
    thanks big E see ya on the water brother
    I recognized Ruthie on the front page, but still had to do a double take. I had seen her on the Revenge, but wasn't expecting one in a yak.

I am so happy for the both of you. It is really great to see her out on the water. Tim I know that was one of the most special pictures you have taken, I am really looking forward to seeing a lot more.

Darrell
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPIERMAN
    Thank you goes out to NCANGLER and topsail angler as well for the front page spot on this one,it is definetly a good one for us all.
    It's so good to see you Ruthie! I am so very glad of your progress!

I'll have to come down and visit.

Peter
    darrell
    you are so right i was so proud of her and pete please do its been too long since weve seen you last
    thank you everyone for the comments and kind words.
    Way to go! Keep kicking that thing in the rer! Glad things are going well. The darkest times help us to appreciate the lightest times so much more...prayers are still with you both!
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfishing
    Way to go! Keep kicking that thing in the rer! Glad things are going well. The darkest times help us to appreciate the lightest times so much more...prayers are still with you both!
    thank you my friend we will and were still keeping an eye on everything she still has one unattended but it hasnt gotten any bigger in 2 years
    Thats just awesome Tim, and Ruth, good for you. you go girl, you yak attack..lol nice catching also....
    i bet Ruth could paddle to onslow hospital faster than that last 911 ride....****
    WOW! Inspiring! So happy for you both!