My new name for top water... - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

My new name for top water...

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 06-30-2013 at 11:11 AM (903 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by tallastro View Post
Heart attack fishing.

Went Jordan Lake today down near the dam end. Decided to focus on top water since I'd never had much confidence using it. Lots of surface action but nothing looked big so I went with a Heddon mini-propeller on the little 5' ultralight rod. First little guy slammed it, hey, this is fun. Poor thing hooked himself in the tail too. He unhooked cleanly and swam away strong. Second hit blew the lure out of the water, gah. Slightly bigger, maybe 3/4 lb felt good on the ultralight. The things settled down as I searched around for bigger fish. Threw the trusty senko a few times on the big rod but couldn't find anything but little tail pullers. Then the rain came and I headed back. Well... it's not too heavy, I'll make a few casts in that first cove again on the way out. There were a few small slashes so I thought I'd hook another dink with the top water. Fifth cast, nothing happening until I get the mini near the weeds 4 feet in front of me. Thoomp! Not much splash but the sound was impressive. Once I got my heart going again, we had a good fight and I landed this nice 2 lb bass. Yeah, I'll be throwing these heart attack lures some more.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0938a.JPG‎ 
Views:	1113 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	53035  
Categories
Freshwater Fishing

Comments

NICE CATCH ON LIGHT TACKLE...WHAT A BLAST..!!!
    Beautiful picture! Love the color balance. Oh, and nice fish too