BLUESKYS2012 fishing the queen for the first time - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

BLUESKYS2012 fishing the queen for the first time

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 07-29-2013 at 11:21 AM (1057 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by NCPIERMAN View Post
I was contacted by blueskys2012 Jordan davidson and asked to show him some fishing spots close to base where he could get access to,i figured i could do better by takeing him out in the kayaks and try to get him on some good fishing.
My plan was to go to bear creek then decided against that for now and i met him at queens creek at 8 am in the morning yesturday.
It was a beautiful morning to show him around and after rigging a few rods and giveing him some lures to try we headed out,wouldnt be long and 2 throws with my top water i hooked up but it pulled off right next to the kayak.
took JORDAN over to another spot and had him throw some bait towards an oyster bed and wham fish on all said and done it was an 19 inch drum,his first queens creek red drum.

we paddled around looking for more and just kinda showing him the ropes on queens creek,took me a few places looking for the school i had pulled 32 drum out of with the biggest being 32 inches a few days ago but i finally found them and it was on.
jordan began laying steel and hearing drags scream with every fish,his day would become a great first day on queens creek when he layed into a nice 28 inch drum his second to last fish,all said and done we landed close to 20 drum for the day between us and alot of video's that ended up killing my phone battery so i never got all the pics or video's lol
the bait was finger mullet fished on a carolina rig and some topwater plugs the topdog jr in 808 and the redfish colored heddon spook i had 3 hook ups on mine jordan got a few looks on his but no takers i did land one that ended up putting steel in 2 of my fingers at the same time lol.
over all it was a slow day with good fish and great meeting a new friend and fisherman,it was a pleasure jordan and thank you for your service to our country

these are the rest of his pics of his fish.

Categories
Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing

Comments

this is the fish tagged and ready to go back at 28 inches and 6 spots between the 2 sides

Tim you made fun of my about being hook shy and look what happens, you get nailed by some hahahahaha good job man, glad to see another guy out there laying the hammer on some drum.
    Quote Originally Posted by canoecat54
    Tim you made fun of my about being hook shy and look what happens, you get nailed by some hahahahaha good job man, glad to see another guy out there laying the hammer on some drum.
    yes i did get hammered and it hurt lol and yes he did put the hammer down nothing was gonna stop us on this day
    a little update on this fish it was recaught yesturday by a disabled veteran i took out this drum was 28 when caught and it is now 29 inches