First fish of the year- Harris Lake 1/5 (Pic Heavy) - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

First fish of the year- Harris Lake 1/5 (Pic Heavy)

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 01-08-2014 at 01:32 AM (1032 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by H_GeeZy View Post
Bassaholic and I skipped the super cold day on Saturday and fished Sunday at Shearon Harris Lake. We went to try some new (and very different to us) tactics. Also of note, we're finally figuring out how to really dial in our depth finders, which was a bit of a learning curve this past year.

Well the combination sure paid off! About a hour or so in I pull up my first bass of the year and she was a pig! Went 5.11 on the scales at just under 21''! Talk about a butterball! She had clearly been through the line at the shad buffet a few times. Caught in 32 FOW. She also had a pretty cool white marking on her head.

Once we had figured out how work the bait and what we were looking for we had a pretty fun day. Another nice one came unbuttoned about half way up and I caught one more about 2.5-3lbs. I caught a couple white perch to go along with it. Bassaholic caught another nice pig at 4.6 lbs and after that proceed to get quite the freshwater slam. He ended up with a couple white perch, a few crappie, a catfish, a bream (in 30 FOW!), and a shellcracker.

It ended up being warmer than expected and never rained on us like it called for. We both got a good fish to start the year, so all in all a pretty good day. All fish caught in 30-35 FOW
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (19).jpg‎ 
Views:	1131 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	58048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (17).jpg‎ 
Views:	187 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	58049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (18).jpg‎ 
Views:	194 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	58050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (20).jpg‎ 
Views:	193 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	58051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (21).jpg‎ 
Views:	190 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	58052   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (22).jpg‎ 
Views:	173 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	58053   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (23).jpg‎ 
Views:	193 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	58054  
Categories
Kayak Fishing , ‎ Freshwater Fishing

Comments

Nice work!