Fly Tie Information
Fly Title: Purple Passion
Tyer Name: Charlie Cobb
Originator Name: Liz Steele
Fishing Location: Inshore
Fly Type: Saltwater Flies
Head: gray thread with red band
Body: pearl body braid or diamond braid
Wings: bucktail,white,gray and purple,pearl krystal flash,grizzly hackle,peacock herl
1. select hook and bend to bendback style.
2. start thread behind hook eye and tie in body braid,wrap thread over body braid to start of hook bend and bring thread back to hook eye.
3. wrap body braid back up hook shank and tie off.
4. tie in two grizzly hackles, top that with sparse amount of white bucktail followed by gray bucktail followed by 10-15 strands of pearl krystal flash followed by purple bucktail. top with 6-8 strands of peacock herl.
5 . make head with gray thread. make red band at rear of head with red thread
6. coat all thread with cement and coat head with clear nail polish
8-10 wt rod - floating or intermediate line
I like that fly.
Posted 03-20-2009 by ejtaylor822
nice fly charlie...I like the red band. that sets the fly off with qualitly
Posted 01-13-2009 by YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER