Fly Tie Information
Fly Title: nail fly
Tyer Name: tarheel fly flinger / Allen Peyton
Fishing Location: River
Fly Type: Shad Flies
Body: fake nail
Tail: krystal flash
072A-3 Eagle Claw hook/2x
krystal flash color green
ice chenille- small
super glue gel
straighten offset... bend shank to the curve of the nail.
2. tie in the krysyal flash for the tail.
3. tie in the tag end of the chenille
4. apply the gel lightly on the curved hook shank.
5. wrap the chenille
6. tie off at the eye of the hook. apply the gel on top of the chenille liberally .
7. place the nail on top of the glue, make sure its straight, let set and color nail fly with nail polish and fine glitter
Great looking fly Allen.
Posted 03-21-2010 by RouseD
Great looking fly there Allen.....going to try this one soon for the upcoming shad season
Posted 02-06-2009 by Scott Hobbs