Fly Tie Information
Fly Title: Psycho Spider
Tyer Name: Ken Bicknell
Originator Name: Unknown
Panfish,Bass,but have caught MANY other species, fresh and salt water on this fly. This fly is a slow sinker. When twitched the legs umbrella out when it starts falling again. Fish usually hit this on the drop. Fish it slow!
Fishing Location: Lake
Fly Type: Wet
Head: Thread finished with UV cement or superglue
Body: Black Chenille
Thread: Red 6/0
Red 6/0 Thread, Black Medium Chenille, Medium Round Rubber Legs, UV cement or superglue, 20-30 lb mono
1. Start red thread about 1/2 way back on the hook and wrap back to the bend of the hook.
2. Wrap in about a 3-4 inch length of mono, with the curve of the mono following the curve of the hook. Wrap on a 4-6 inch length of black chenille at the bend of the hook with the mono
3. Wrap chenille to front of hook, leaving 1/4-1/8 of hook exposed. Tie off thread.
4. Wrap in the red thread about ½ way back on the hook and build up a saddle.
5. Take one rubber leg and tie it in along the bottom of the hook. Tie in 4 more rubber legs around the hook at equal distances from each other.
6. Tie off red thread at the saddle point.
7. Tie in red thread at the front of the hook, pull the mono up through the bottom of the hook eye and wrap it down with the red thread. You should build a conical head up similar to a Clouser minnow
8. Apply UV resin or super glue to the saddle and head
Fly Rod 3-5 wt
No comments yet. Be the first to make a comment now !