Where do you Crappie fish?

Where do you Crappie fish?

1. 07_hemi_thunderroad
    07_hemi_thunderroad
    Where are some of the body's of water that you hunt the Crappie in?
  2. grandpaa
    grandpaa
    jorden,falls,badin,mackentosh,highrock
  3. Flameseeker
    Flameseeker
    This past year all the Crappie fishing I done was at Shearon Harris. Two trips were with artificial bait and the last trip was with live minnows. The artificial trips produced the larger Crappie while the live minnows produced well over 100 Crappie. We fished the same spot every trip. We located some laydowns and brush in 11 to 14 feet of water and they have been stacked in the brush. The first two trips were actually bass trips that turned into Crappie fishing during the heat of the day. 12-3pm. The last trip was going to be an all night trip but we ran out of minnows before 3am so we headed up the road.

Several years ago, we went to Buggs Island to Crappie fish all night and we caught some of everything that night. 6 stripers, 8 catfish, about half a dozen largemouth and 30 some Crappie. We really had a good night of fishing.
  4. SammyV
    SammyV
    i just got here in nov but when i was at FT Gordon we caught a good bit of crappie drop shotting from the docks near the **** on live minnows,red worm, crickets etc.... I love catching these when nothing else is biting these lil buggers will
  5. SammyV
    SammyV
    oh yeah that creek off cliffdale under the bridge looks promising and others said it produced before. At least thats what i read I read from this site however all the rocks look like a snake haven though prob crawling with snakes when it warms up
  6. SammyV
    SammyV
    sounds like buggs island is the place to be flameseeker, i love that striper,, clarks hill in ga was full of em i only caught 2 hybrids in my life from the lock and **** in ga I am gonna invest in a boat this year good luck in 2010
  7. Flameseeker
    Flameseeker
    Your not too far from Shearon Harris SammyV. You should give it a try. There are alot decent size Crappie at Harris and alot of really big bass. I wish I lived closer, it would become my lake of choice anyday.
  8. NCPIERMAN
    NCPIERMAN
    new river behind raintree estates