NC Angler Forums banner

NC Kayak Anglers group membership!

119K views 366 replies 240 participants last post by  Smalliesam 
#1 · (Edited)
BREAKING NEWS!
Hi folks. I wanted to update you on our maps development. We've programmed the maps now so that you can do everything through your Settings Page. Add your address info and map visibility=yes in the Edit your Details section, then join the Kayak Angler group in Permission Groups (under My Account section in the left hand Settings page list), and you'll automatically show up on our Kayak and Canoeist Member Map and get the Kayak Angler designation under your name in all of your posts. :D Enter your home waters and boat info and that will show up as well. Enjoy!
From now on, please use the Permission Groups section on your Settings page to join the map as described above - Thanks, jeffonc.

Feel free to post your info on the end of this thread as a way of introducing yourself.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I believe the kayak anglers out here have reached a point of critical mass, and I give yellowsub the credit for pushing us over the brink. We've got a couple of nice, if lightly used, kayak forums here on NCangler, but I'd like to see us take things to another level by putting ourselves on the map. In fact, I'd like to create a map for NCangler.com kayak fishermen. I think canoists should be welcome too - they're just like us, only topless!:eek:

[-] If you will post a reply to this thread with the following information, I will add you to the map:[/-]
  • [-]Zip Code[/-]
  • [-]Model, size & color of Kayak/Canoe[/-]
  • [-]"home" waters (just a couple, don't go crazy for now)[/-]
This should give us an idea of who's who, who's where, and what they're paddling (or pedaling, for hobie-ists). I think it could be a good resource for folks looking to buy a particular brand of kayak/canoe, looking for folks to fish with in particular areas, or just interesting to see how many other paddling nuts are around their neck of the woods.

Here's a link to the map - NC Angler Fishing - Maps - NC Kayak Anglers and Canoeist Members

Here's a link to the groups page (scroll down to see the NC Kayak Anglers Group) - NC Angler Fishing - Show Groups

See less See more
#217 ·
If you don't have 'Kayak Angler' showing up underneath your name in the header of your posts, follow these instructions:

Click this link to edit your Permission Groups memberships, select the Kayak Anglers group and hit the 'Join Group' button.

(you can also get there by following the Settings link at the top of every screen, and click 'Permission Groups' from the list on the left)

#218 ·
28054 Gastonia NC Wilderness Systems Pungo 140 red. I call Lake Wylie home but fish on Mt. Island, Norman, Davidson, anywhere i can put in the yak and fish. I want to go and fish the spawn at Santee-Cooper this year as well. Cant wait to see a finished map!!! Keep me informed. Thnks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.