NC Angler Forums banner

Fort Fisher Meet 2019

27K views 214 replies 20 participants last post by  h2ohhh 
#1 ·
The Fort Fisher Meet will be October 25th & 26th this year. Posting up early for those who would like to attend so they can mark their calendar. Saturday being the day the group gets together followed by meeting at a restaurant for a meal. I’m really hyped on another surf fishing day like we had last year.

Attachments

See less See more
#120 ·
will think about it... Just not real sure I know what to do. That includes airing down... and not freaking about losing tires when I air up with all the warning lights flashing.

#121 ·
Momentum is your friend as well and if you do start spinning don't stick it to the floor trying to power through it. You will dig and there ain't a bottom on beach sand

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GreyGhost
#122 ·
I think, if it is ok, that I will just ride this time. Learning one new and difficult thing is enough for one trip. Next year, after I see what you do this year, I will try the beach driving.

After all, I don't own -
- A tire gauge (certainly no pump)
- A shovel
- boards
or even an old carpet.

#130 ·
Looks like I am out, guys. Wedding anniversary trip...if Momma ain't happy...etc.

Looks like we are going up to the Little Switzerland area...I will probably start a new thread and try to pick your brains about that area and some smallmouth fishing. I do have the OK for a flat water kayak float.

I will plan to see most of you in a week at the Bay River meet...will be arriving Friday morning.

#131 ·
Sorry you can’t make it Chris. Updated list on attendees and where they will be staying.

GreyGhost, Hampton Inn Southport
Plowboy * Hampton Inn Southport
John *
Donnie *
Darrell. *
mwagner
Island Man, Wingate Southport
Dsking85 maybe
Raymondwells maybe
Jcsn4077
Len & Tracy Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
Spork2
Bluemoon
JScott
Badankles
Quest4reds and his son
agger and dad
Guffy

#136 ·
So... I have a couple of "surf rods".. mh, 7'+ long, with 5000 series reels on it.

I figure putting triangle sand sinkers, and a fish finder rig on those, with some shrimp and fishbaits on them.

I have sand spikes.

Should I also bring a trout/redfish rod to throw lures while I await a hit on the bait rods?

#145 ·
Your on the list Bluemoon

John *
Donnie *
Darrell. *
mwagner
Dsking85 maybe
Raymondwells maybe
Jcsn4077
Spork2
Bluemoon
JScott
Badankles
Quest4reds and his son
agger and dad
Guffy
Shallowbob

#147 ·
Your on the list Bluemoon

John *
Donnie *
Darrell. *
mwagner
Dsking85 maybe
Raymondwells maybe
Jcsn4077
Spork2
Bluemoon
JScott
Badankles
Quest4reds and his son
agger and dad
Guffy
I'm pretty excited to join still. Working hard to line up a backup so I can take Friday, 10/25, off to save from having to drive out there early Saturday morning.

#148 ·
Sorry about that Bob, I knew you would attend being you have made every one plus it would not be the same without you making it. Really great that the original few that made the first one will be attending the 3rd meet.

GreyGhost and Linda Hampton Inn Southport
John *
Donnie *
Darrell. and Linda
mwagner
Island Man plus one, Wingate Southport
Dsking85 maybe
Jcsn4077
Bluemoon
JScott
Quest4reds and his son
agger and dad
Guffy and Heather
Shallowbob

#150 ·
just for information,
if any of you will be at Fort Fisher Friday 25th.
and have your kids with you, They have the Fort Fisher haunted trail walk right where we going to fish Saturday.i took my kids last year and it scared me more than them!
and they just ask for a donation.
look it up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#158 ·
Sorry you guys won't make it. Promises to be epic with the mullet blow in full swing (I was in the area earlier this month) and water temps finally dropping (it's 75 now and will be around 70 I'm guessing with cool nighttime air temps between now and then). The fishing should be very good. We will not be impeded but the kite festival this year either so those staying over Saturday night should be able to catch the later ferries back to Southport instead of driving.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

#161 ·
John said yesterday that he couldn't make it. But I've got some frozen shad I need to check how many I have left over

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.