NC Angler Forums banner

Fort Fisher Meet 2019

27K views 214 replies 20 participants last post by  h2ohhh 
#1 ·
The Fort Fisher Meet will be October 25th & 26th this year. Posting up early for those who would like to attend so they can mark their calendar. Saturday being the day the group gets together followed by meeting at a restaurant for a meal. I’m really hyped on another surf fishing day like we had last year.

Attachments

See less See more
#54 ·
A few arrive on Friday afternoon, John and I are usually in Southport by 2 pm. Then a little fishing is done out on Oak Island followed by having some dinner with those who stay in Southport. Past 2 events Plowboy, Daze and Darrell also stayed in Southport then caught the first run of the ferry over to Fort Fisher. Love the ferry ride for the sunrise is usually something to see.

I booked a room at Wingate for this year they had the cheapest rate.

#52 ·
Ok this is one of only two M&Gs I have not yet attended (the other is the hot hole, not sure what you guys were thinking when you made that one) so count me and saltwaterfisher in for this one, I know he's chomping at the bit to use that surf rod he "won" at the New River M&G last weekend.

I will need a ride on the beach as I don't believe my 8.7" of ground clearance is going to cut it in the soft sand.

Any favorite bait shops to visit and patronize? Any must have lures, tackle, or furniture I should not come without?

#58 ·
Ok this is one of only two M&Gs I have not yet attended (the other is the hot hole, not sure what you guys were thinking when you made that one) so count me and saltwaterfisher in for this one.
Being that h2ohhh created the Hot Hole Meet do you really want to go down that road on what he was thinking.

#63 ·
List of attendees so far for this year. The first six members have attended the first 2 meets, actually the only members to attend. A small group but the best of times and fellowship is one of my best times I have shared with this group.
Plowboy * Hampton Southport
John *
Donnie *
J Scott. *
Darrell. *
GreyGhost * Hampton Southport
shallowbob hopefully *
mwagner
Island Man
Chris52 maybe
Dsking85 maybe
Raymondwells maybe
Jcsn4077
Len
Spork2
Badankles
Quest4reds
Powell maybe

#64 ·
A update on the Fort Fisher Surf Meet. John and I will be staying at the new Hampton Inn in Southport. There is a rumor of John possibility cooking up some bacon, egg and cheese on a bun for brunch on a Scottle. I can bring some tortilla wraps incase someone would like johns baco,egg and cheese in a wrap. I’m planning on cooking up some burgers for lunch since I know my lovely wife will make the patties and cut up some fixings especially for John.🤔

#66 ·
I saw a news article that the ferry is closed due to some mechanical breakdown, it mentioned closed indefinitely for now, so we may be driving around in the AM instead of the cruise that I so enjoy..

would yall all like me to bring some meatballs for a snack?

#85 ·
Southport. The Hampton Inn or the Wingate I believe Tim. We will take the second ferry on Saturday morning (7 AM). Sunrise on the Cape Fear. Then we congregate at the State Park office lot which opens at 8. Pay the ridiculous $30 4x4 fee (that's per vehicle) air down and find a hole containing multiple species. Eat, breathe and be merry with some of humanities finestkind.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

#89 ·
Updated list on attendees, if I missed anyone let me know.
You will need a 4 wheel drive or see about someone giving you a ride. The access road is soft sand but the beach is not that bad.

GreyGhost and linda
Plowboy *
John *
Donnie and Tink *
Darrell and Linda *
mwagner
Island Man
Chris52 maybe
Dsking85 maybe
Raymondwells maybe
Jcsn4077
Len & Girlfriend
Spork2
Badankles
Quest4reds and saltwaterfisher
agger and his dad

#106 ·
I'll be at

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
907 N Lake Park Blvd
Carolina Beach

Will meet everyone before 8 at the office that handles beach driving

#116 ·
I was planning to ride with bob... But my GF has expressed interest in joining us and learning surf fishing too..

Anyone have room for two in their beach vehicle? I will be happy to share the cost of the driving permit.

My truck is capable... but I have never tried driving on sand, and have very limited time (< 5 hours) off road at all. I don't want to learn with a relatively new truck.

#119 ·
Len, it's not hard to drive on sand. Airing down to around 18psi is the most important part. Slow and steady is the ticket in 4h. It would be a good time to learn considering all the friends who are there to help if you did get stuck...which is unlikely. A shovel and a short piece of board or a chunk of carpet in the bed is good insurance if you do. If going it alone I'd suggest a tow cable or chain as well but I'll have one and I bet others will too. After the trip a good car wash with underside spray and a vacuum cleaner is required. Go for it! She will be impressed.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.