NC Angler Forums banner

This morning on Falls Lake

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  geneinnc 
#1 ·
Falls has warmed up nicely so this morning during one hot hour, I fished some spawning flats and picked up (3) 5 pounders with 3 different baits; a jig, a frog, and a bladed jig.

Hope they don't notice the upcoming cold front.

Cloud Goggles Sky Sunglasses Fisherman
Sky Water Cloud Sunglasses Fisherman
Sky Cloud Goggles Vertebrate Sunglasses

(this are pics of 2 of 3 fish)

See less See more
#11 ·
Fished Falls hard this morning for almost 8 hours. Only 2 bites and one fish but she was a 5.8 lb hog who creamed a frog.

This is my first season with the frog.... I think I like it! Never really had confidence in top waters but it sure is exciting when it works.

Here’s a little guy I got yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#12 ·
#13 ·
I don’t know Hickory but these are definitely up lake in the muddy shallows that warm first. My sense is that now they are in the spawn, and can’t be seen, the fishing is tough and slow. I’m thinking I need to head down lake where the spawn should be a little later and maybe I can more easily go finesse for fish on the beds in clearer water. Or maybe head down to Shearon where there are plenty of bigguns that can be seen. Or maybe Kerr since the bushes are I play for us Kerr novices. Lots of fish in Kerr, just fewer big’uns.

I’m getting into this spawn thing a little deeper each year.... interesting.

Then the shad will go crazy and the spawn can be ignored for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.