NC Angler Forums banner

Personal Best Largemouth!

3K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  basswrangler 
#1 ·
Work ended, and Cody and I headed to a pond in NE Johnston county for a little fishing before supper. The pond was beautiful, but for the first hour it was deadddddd. We fished down opposite banks and converged in a corner of the pond, commiserating over the slow fishing, and our ever-growing hunger.

Cody went off into a shallower arm of the pond to sling the frog, and I switched back to throwing my big white spinnerbait. Off the end of some lily pads, it finally got the thump. He swam at me, and until he jumped, I had no gauge of the size of the fish. After the theatrics, I got excited! A few hard runs under the boat later, I got it in the net.

Absolutely great fish, and what I believe to be my personal best. A fattie for it not being spawning season. The ruler picture doesn't show the front of the measure, but roughly 23.25", and given the shape, I'd argue all day that it would go 8 lbs. Take that for what it's worth, as I don't own a scale.

Time to upgrade the PB again!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Reactions: Fish_Fiend
#12 ·
Beauty. Weight is always so subjective because even with length and girth measurements some fish are more dense than others. However, I was lucky enough to catch 3 bass last summer between 22 and 23 inches and they weighed from 6-6 to 7-1 so you fish should be over 7 and 8 is certainly possible. Congratulations!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.