NC Angler Forums banner

Trout Creek (underwater footage) and question

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  tpulley 
#1 ·
Finally got back to playing with the waterwolf last week and got a couple hours of footage that I picked through and clipped the highlights together. Maybe ya'll can get some learning out of it or even point out things I missed.

Also, has anybody noticed that, at least for New River, that NC angler's solunar bite times don't agree on the best days as other apps like tides for fishing? I'm here to say with confidence that NCAngler's data is more accurate but I'm interested to know why. Usually what I see is tides4fishing showing the best bite days one or two days earlier kicking off during the moon phases and since I generally fish every day for at least an hour I have noticed over time that NCAngler is dead on but their bite days are two ish days behind. I exclude the days with other conditions like pre and post front but continue to see the same thing. Anyway, just a curiosity that I lack the time to tackle while trying to keep up with everything else and figured one of ya'll already have the answer anyway. Link for video is below.

https://youtu.be/H2XSS7vSVrY

#5 ·
Hey Steve,

Your posts always stir the desire to get out on the water. Fish any lure, and all lures if you have the time and can't find the right one. Fish faster, slower, with pauses, jerks, double-jerks, but it the lures aren't in the water, you won't catch jack.

Myself, i'm just waiting till the honey-do list is a bit further trimmed down.

Keep your posts coming,

Jeff

#13 ·
Way cool Steve. So can you tell what you see at the moment you see it on the recording? Meaning are you aware while filming it what is happening or is it when you get back? At beginning are you just replaying the same video over and over? I say that but I do see some differences in the video but man that's a lot of fish. What was teh water depth and temp when you filmed them can you tell?
I enjoyed watching it. Do more it's exciting to see what we can't and to go when we can;t. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.