NC Angler Forums banner

Raleigh/Triangle mechanic for 2 stroke Yamaha O/B?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  todobien 
#1 ·
Folks,
Got me an 85 Hewes lappy with a 130 Yamaha 2 stroke on it. I was a fool and didn't winterize it. It was a south Florida boat before. I was hoping you all could recommend someone to look over it in a few months. Motor, hydraulic steering, etc. Nothing crazy, just a nice assessment and tune up. Anywhere in Raleigh or the Triangle would be great. Thanks everyone!

#4 ·
Pit Stop for sure. How long has it been since it has been run? If it gets used on a fairly regular basis winterizing isnt really necessary. Just store it with your motor tilted down to let the water drain out and pull the plug to let the boat drain out.

#6 ·
I appreciate it everyone. I know the motor hasn't been ran since last October or maybe before. Again, I got the boat from Coral Gables FL and drove it back 12 hours where I probably averaged over 70MPH for over 8 hours of the drive. I can't see how there was any dang water or anything else that COULD be left in it!

Either way, I'll get on Pit Stop's schedule when the weather starts to turn and have them look it over and give it any tuning up that's needed.

#8 ·
When you have a 5 year old and a 14 months old, it's not feasible to get them plus the wife out of the house for fishing unless the weather is agreeable. And I certainly am not going on dump both kids on my wife to go fishing right now! (That'll be reserved for special occasions!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.