NC Angler Forums banner

Can somebody help me more about this reel?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  varfoo 
#1 ·
Bought this on the bay years back, but can't locate any information on the net about it now in regards to the company, price new, price used, etc. Trying to decide to keep or yard sale it this weekend, but don't no if its a $1 reel or a 100 reel. I think its an ambassduer knock off, but not sure. I may just keep it and pull it out every 5yrs or so and ask myself why I have so much fishing crap... I don't know. It is pretty! Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
A google search surprisingly brings up nothing to answer your questions. Alot of Abu stuff pops up, does it have any abu markings? Not sure how the market for round abus is in the salt world but in the freshwater world there is no demand for them. I had 5 or 6 that I mothballed a few years ago and practically had to give them away to get rid of them.

#3 ·
If it has a clicker there is some demand. does it have a clicker?? I maybe interested if you are near Cary.

#5 ·
Waaay too late for an answer from us, but it is probably a $10 reel, but take whatever is offered. Used to deal in older reels, usually the Mitchell's before they got bought by Garcia. Don't recognize your reel, but put it in your next yard sale; someone will snap it up. Yard-salers and flea-marketers will buy anything.

#7 ·
Just because somebody has listed it for that price does not mean it is worth that much. Somebody has a Scott Meridian fly rod for over $1200 used, this is a $860 rod new and they were just on clearance for $600. You can buy the new version, the Sector, for more than $200 less than the listed used rod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.