Forum Issues today - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Forum Issues today

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffonc View Post
    not sure if this has been offered already, but it seems that when I do see the space bar issue it is only occurring when the cursor is at the end of the post text, adding new characters to the end of the input field. Infill typing within already typed text does not seem to be affected. I've taken to adding a period (and a Return or two so that I don't run past or delete it), then going back and typing "behind" it when the space bar issue starts happening. Mildly less annoying than switching browsers.
    That is what I have been doing, This time it worked fine though.

Darrell
    Red X Angler

I've been having a bunch of issues lately. Could not upload pictures yesterday. Pictures in others posts turn page dark but don't load. Can't type fast or it misses half of the letters I type, now typing very slow. Reply with quote didn't load the entire quote, only the [Quoted text by Greenmonster] and the first word of the quoted text up against the closing bracket. Using IE version 11.0.9600.18537, Windows 7.

Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Having about the same problems as quest4reds and I'm using windows 10. I switched to the iPad and working alright at the moment.
    rgarbar likes this.

Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

Quote Originally Posted by quest4reds View Post
    I've been having a bunch of issues lately. Could not upload pictures yesterday. Pictures in others posts turn page dark but don't load. Can't type fast or it misses half of the letters I type, now typing very slow. Reply with quote didn't load the entire quote, only the [Quoted text by Greenmonster] and the first word of the quoted text up against the closing bracket. Using IE version 11.0.9600.18537, Windows 7.
    I had a difficult time replying to a couple of PM's because of missed letters yesterday. Thought it was my "chemo brain". It is happening as I type this post.
    GreyGhost likes this.

Blog Entries

I sent this in to support. Thanks.
    quest4reds, and rgarbar like this.

I had the same issues with the pictures and typing. Typing seems fine today but I am still having problems uploading any pictures to the thread, or to my album.
    rgarbar likes this.

Hey Randy...I have TWO issues with the site lately:

(1) At first I though it was my keyboard on my laptop, but after SEVERAL visits to the site, I realized that there was a "glitch" and that I really had to "two finger type" and watch the screen to make certain that all my strokes were being turned into characters..MUCH better tonight but still doing it a little.

(2) rgarbar just posted my other issue...I cannot see ANY of the "thumbail" pix people post...when I click on one, the screen just blacks out...
    Thank you for getting these glitches fixed......JohnYaksJax
    rgarbar likes this.

Hey all

Those using IE - did you add the site to compatibility mode?
    (How to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...atibility-view ) That usually fixes most issues with IE.

The images not loading (only screen darkening) however, is another issue. I will add this site to the list. Tech is still investigating the conflict, so no ETA on a fix for that yet. For the time being, you can right-click on them and 'view in new tab'. This will give you the full size image. Alternatively, as mentioned, you can use another browser to avoid the problem.

As for uploading images - what issues are you coming across here? Is this only affecting IE or other browsers as well? if IE, does compatibility mode help at all? Are you getting error messages? Please outline the steps you are taking and what is preventing you from completing the task.

Test image:
    test.png

The attachments do seem to be working on Chrome.

Dayle
    quest4reds, and rgarbar like this.

Mozilla Firefox seems to fix the issues I've been having. Seems as though I can type without it missing letters, the picture shows as normal, will try to attach an image to see if all my problems have just been because of IE. Can't make changes on my work computer so I'll just have to use Firefox.Graysons first red drum.jpg
    GreyGhost, and JohnYaksJax like this.

Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by rudy1220 View Post
    Hey all

Those using IE - did you add the site to compatibility mode?
    (How to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...atibility-view ) That usually fixes most issues with IE.

Dayle
    That isn't a fix. Requiring each individual user to change functioning for your site is a losing proposition and extremely poor user experience.
    dbeam, JohnYaksJax, quest4reds, and rgarbar like this.

After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

Quote Originally Posted by biglenr View Post
    That isn't a fix. Requiring each individual user to change functioning for your site is a losing proposition and extremely poor user experience.
    Len is right, this is not a fix. I added to compatibility mode, and still can't open pictures as normal.
    biglenr, dbeam, JohnYaksJax, and rgarbar like this.

Red X Angler

I am an ecomm professional, running 4 sites that do about $100m a year in sales combined....

What are your target browsers that you support? Obviously, you defer your mobile experience to tapatalk, but I would expect ie/edge 10,11, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari to all be targets, and the site to function as designed in all 4.

The use of this type of board is declining, but this one has a passionate user base... most of this type of talk/discussion has moved to FB and instagram. Try not to kill this one with bad experiences.... Once the decline has begun, they are generally irreversible.

After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Totally agree with you Len on the decline of post by members on here. I don't do Facebook but belong to several fishing forums in SC and Florida and don't experience the problems we are having here.
    dbeam, JohnYaksJax, quest4reds, and rgarbar like this.

Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

Blog Entries

These complaints are being forwarded in to support. Thanks for the feedback.
    dbeam, and GreyGhost like this.

Quote Originally Posted by biglenr View Post
    Our sites are made to be compatible with many of the common browsers, IE 11 included. So long as Microsoft does not cut support on it entirely, we will continue to work with our communities to keep it functioning as best we can. MS is not interested in releasing any functional patches to the browser, it is only running basic security updates for the time being. As forum software continues to evolve, older browsers unfortunately will experience issues. The suggestion for Compatibility Mode comes from MS.

Quote Originally Posted by quest4reds View Post
    Len is right, this is not a fix. I added to compatibility mode, and still can't open pictures as normal.
    As I mentioned in my previous post, the images not opening is a known issue that our team is looking in to it. Compatibility mode will not correct that.

We can make the thumbnails a bit bigger so you may not need to open each on individually. How would you all feel about that? We can increase them to 500px wide or so.
    You would still need to right-click and view in a new tab/window for any that you would want to open in full. I don't have any updates on this issue at this time.

Does anyone have any more information on the Uploading Images issue?

Dayle
    dbeam, and GreyGhost like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast