NC Angler Forums banner

Forum Issues today

40K views 83 replies 23 participants last post by  Cpg1124 
#1 ·
Hi folks. There is some weird stuff happening on the backend of the forum system today. I've opened a support ticket with tech support to check it out. If you have any issues with problems posting, etc. that you want to share please do so in this thread and I'll pass them on. Hopefully they can clear up the problems pretty quickly.

Makes me want to go fishing. :) Thanks for your patience.

Randy
Admin

#2 ·
Tried to search the Bay River M&G thread and Search function would not work earlier today. But I could enter into google with a couple more key words and find the thread that way and get it to come up.

Scott

#19 ·
I am having an issue on this site on my HOME PC.

Running Chrome Browser

It doesn't recognize the space bar when I try to type in a comment field or reply to a message.

Windows 10

I don not have the same problem in MS Edge browser. I don not have the same problem on any other webpage. Just NCAngler.

Yeah, I know... Strange. Chrome doesn't usually have bugs in UI.

My work PC works fine in Chrome and IE 11 (windows 7).

#21 ·
I checked with our Support folks on this and here was their reply:
It is actually is a bug between the VBulletin 4 forum software and the latest version of Chrome and VBulletin doesn't intend on fixing it. Last I heard, the next release of Chrome is supposed to hopefully address the issue.
I am having an issue on this site on my HOME PC.
Running Chrome Browser
It doesn't recognize the space bar when I try to type in a comment field or reply to a message.
Windows 10
I don not have the same problem in MS Edge browser. I don not have the same problem on any other webpage. Just NCAngler.
Yeah, I know... Strange. Chrome doesn't usually have bugs in UI.
My work PC works fine in Chrome and IE 11 (windows 7).

#23 ·
I don't know if it's related to the vBulletin issue or not, but the last week or two Tapatalk has been garbage on here and I rarely ever use a computer to access the forum. I used to be able to use the news feed to see everything, but now am having to bounce back and forth between news feed, new posts, and individual forums. Not sure if it's a Tapatalk update issue or something else. I haven't noticed the issue on other forums I visit, but I don't frequent them as much as this one and there's nowhere near the amount of participation on them as here.

#27 ·
I am having the same issues, and when the space bar fails to work, it's usually after quoting someone in a PM. If I start the reply immediately after the last bracket in the .../quote] the space bar will work. I type a few words then go back and hit enter a couple of times to get it down the page and it works after that. It's an odd bug, also glad to know it's not my keyboard.

Reactions: dbeam
#30 ·
not sure if this has been offered already, but it seems that when I do see the space bar issue it is only occurring when the cursor is at the end of the post text, adding new characters to the end of the input field. Infill typing within already typed text does not seem to be affected. I've taken to adding a period (and a Return or two so that I don't run past or delete it), then going back and typing "behind" it when the space bar issue starts happening. Mildly less annoying than switching browsers.

#32 ·
I've been having a bunch of issues lately. Could not upload pictures yesterday. Pictures in others posts turn page dark but don't load. Can't type fast or it misses half of the letters I type, now typing very slow. Reply with quote didn't load the entire quote, only the [Quoted text by Greenmonster] and the first word of the quoted text up against the closing bracket. Using IE version 11.0.9600.18537, Windows 7.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.