Red x anglers lose a friend
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Red x anglers lose a friend

Default Red x anglers lose a friend

This am we lost a founding member a friend and family. Mr. Papa Dave was in a car accident this am . This is very new . And I have no details yet. I know he is no longer with us . Please keep his family in your prayers. I will post more information as I get it . It was asked to keep it off Facebook until the family was notified.
    wahoobird likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't even know what I could say to express how great of a guy he was. At my first bay river meet and greet last year he took me under his wing and introduced me to everyone. He even drove me to little Italy for dinner. Heck just Sunday he pointed us to the fish. Amazing man and will be sorely missed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

A terrible loss and I'm in shock of the passing of Dave. My prayers to his family during these hard times. Please post up anymore info Gary when you get it.

Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm shocked to hear the news of Dave's passing, we will keep Masha and Shue in our prayers. A terrible loss, I loved Dave and how kind and helpful he always was. A joy to be with, he will be sorely missed.

Red X Angler

"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught." ~Author Unknown

Blog Entries

I am terribly sorry to hear of this. Dave will be greatly missed

Torn up... absolutely torn up.

I feel like I lost a member of my family.

After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

This is horrible news and a great loss, Dave was a stand up guy and a friend. Condolences to his family.

2015 Pathfinder 2200 TE, Yamaha VF200 SHO; 2015 Beavertail Vengeance, Suzuki DF90;
    Jackson Coosa FD; Native Ultimate 14.5; CCA Member

Blog Entries

So sorry to hear this. Praying for Dave's family.

They don't make men any better than Dave. I've always enjoyed his company. I loved the guy too. Fished with him on the Eno this past spring and up on Wilson Creek with DBeam, Dave and my coworker Dennis last winter. And of course all of the Red X Outings over the years. I imagine a bunch of us will be at his service. I know I will. I'm crushed. I can only imagine the grief his family is suffering. May God bring you peace.
    Dave3.jpgPapa Dave.jpgPapa4.jpgPapaDave2.jpg

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

I am absolutely devastated. Dave was such a great guy. He always stood ready to help someone out. So thankful that I got to spend some time with him and his family at the smallie M&G this year. Sending prayers out to the family.

Red X Angler

Beyond sad. I will really miss dave. He was a great friend and I enjoyed our phone conversations about once a month and fishing together a couple times a year. Haven't ever met anyone quite like him. Cheers buddy, you will be missed.

Dem Neuse River Boys.. . Epicness Always

Papa Dave and Darrell were the first two Red Xer's I had the pleasure of fishing with. h2ohh introduced me to them on a trout fishing trip last winter. He acted like he had known me forever and was a very nice guy. Prayers to his family and the Red X members who had the pleasure of knowing him a lot better than I did.

Absolutely horrible news. Hard to swallow. Like swampin, he took me in at last years Bay River M&G, he let me use his camper to cook so I would be out of the rain, he took me fishing and taught me a lot down there and I was a complete stranger to him before that trip. He will be sorely missed. Prayers out to his family.

Just a thought, next year's Bay river trip: Papa Dave Memorial Bay River M&G

Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

Just like the rest of you guys I'm totally devastated. Dave was as good to me as he was to y'all and even though we weren't related we were like family. I enjoyed the good times we shared fishing camping and just hanging out.

RED X ​ANGLER

What a tragic loss. I feel sick after reading this. I am sure glad I got to see him this weekend so my memories of him are fresh. He was such a generous and kind soul.

Red X Angler

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast