Trout fishing with a World Series Champion

Thread: Trout fishing with a World Series Champion

Default Trout fishing with a World Series Champion

Yesterday was a first for me. I had Rudy May, former NY Yankee pitcher and World Series Champion fishing with me. Rudy had a 20 year career (Yankees, Angels and Expos) in MLB, which is impressive. What's more impressive is he is an even better person. We met Rudy a few months ago at Church while he was visiting and looking for a new Church family. Rudy and his wife took a leap of faith and moved from California to Elizabeth City. We have been talking fishing for a few months now and finally got together yesterday. I had a ball listening to all the stories about baseball and the places he has fished around the Country. We found plenty of trout despite the hard NW blow. We didn't get on the quality of fish I was hoping for but found enough for him to take home and cook. All fish caught on trouttricks and trout eye jig heads. I'm liking that combo so far!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	Rudy.jpg‎
Views:	339
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	119265

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Jealous,
    I need one of his old Jerseys for the Bluemoon Wall of fame!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    dbeam, and TakeDown like this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Good report! congratulations on the Blog Award.

Darrell
    TakeDown likes this.

Red X Angler

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Tell Rudy, "it's great to be with a weaner". Actually that was Louis Teant (s?) but he will remember that line from the TV commercial. Looked like great fun.

Galaxy S4, Slimkat
    If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing

Great post TakeDown. E.C. Not far from the Hertford, NC home of another famous NY Yankee-- Catfish Hunter. They still have signs on Hwy 17 as you enter town.

Catfish Hunter will know the answer to this (not him but he pitched with him) but which is the only pitcher to pitch in all 7 games of the world series?

Google makes it too easy.

Galaxy S4, Slimkat
    If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    Great post TakeDown. E.C. Not far from the Hertford, NC home of another famous NY Yankee-- Catfish Hunter. They still have signs on Hwy 17 as you enter town.

Yea, I live closer to Catfish's place than EC. Rudy and Catfish played together in NY. Rudy was telling me about the trips to Perquimans County deer hunting with Catfish and Goose Gossage.

I never got to see Catfish play in person. I had a ticket to game 7 of the '77 World Series in LA, but Reggie Jackson kind of spoiled that plan in game 6. I saw Gossage play in person a couple times when he was with the Padres. I was amazed at how effortlessly he could throw a baseball in warmups-- 100' flat & fast as a bullet without even trying. He must have been pretty frightening at 60' away on the mound when he really wound up and threw. I'm sure your friend Rudy has some great stories of those days. Great to hear that you were able to enjoy a great day of fishing with him.

That's awesome

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements