Inshore Vet Scores Veterans Day Slam

Thread: Vet Scores Veterans Day Slam

Default Vet Scores Veterans Day Slam

Took my friend Little John fishing on Veterans Day. LJ served in the Second Marine Division and I thank him for his service. First cast was at 8am on a falling tide, winds WNW 10-15, very clear water. We started with hardbaits, mixed in a few grubs, nothin. "A spot" failed for the first time this season. Headed north, hitting all known and a couple "secret" (yeah right) spots with mixed results. Ran across some friends trying their luck and we exchanged info....no tales of one hour limits.

Made a decision to take a boat ride and fish an area I hadn't been to in months. Slide in to find only a couple boats in the area and they're all spread out fairly well. Tie on a red, 3/16 oz jig with a white Zman curlytailz and add a dab of procure shrimp. As Capt Wayne Crisco advises, a little goes a long way. And it's on. First cast, flounder. Then a spike and a sea robin. Not wall hangers, but we're both catching fish at a steady rate. Little John even caught his first soft plastic redfish to complete an Inshore Slam. At the end of the day we scratched out a limit of trout to 20" with two dozen Specs, a bunch of short flounder for 3 keepers and the puppy. Great fun and a great day for a Vet to get his first inshore slam!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_1322.jpg‎
Views:	163
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	119425 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_1320.jpg‎
Views:	168
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	119433 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_1321.jpg‎
Views:	172
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	119441

GO BUCKEYES!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Congrats on a good day abs thanks to your friend and all who have served this great country we call home.
    Birdman571, and Perfectdrift like this.

That Trout looks like a monster compared to all the Spikes I've been catching. ....... ICM
    Birdman571, and Perfectdrift like this.

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Congrats - heard a lot of reports this weekend that were less than stellar - looks like your perseverance paid off!
    Birdman571 likes this.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements