Challenging myself this year and will need help - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Challenging myself this year and will need help

Quote Originally Posted by dmason390 View Post
    Hey keep in touch, I am Game to try this myself!!!!! Sounds like fun!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    By all means try it out yourself, you'll probably do better then me lol. I'll keep in touch. I could post my progress on this thread with pictures and all that if you guys are interested.

Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My first fishing trip out was very productive. I was fishing alone thru the whole morning and only managed one small white crappie. After that I met fellow ncangler member tazman. He pretty much showed me the ropes and even gave me one of his lures to use. After meet him I lost count on how many fish I caught. By the end of the day I was up to 5 species which I'd a way better start then I expected. Huge shout out the tazman for all the help. 5 down and 20 to go.
    dbeam, and quest4reds like this.

Forgot the pics
    white crappie
    The white perch
    Large mouth
    White catfish

And last the channel cat

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Glad to help a fellow Kayaker... keep it up you will make it..

Pics didn't work let me try this again

White perch

White crappie

Large mouth

White catfish

And channel catfish

basswrangler, dbeam, and JBassAssassin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryguy442 View Post
    Pics didn't work let me try this again

White perch

White crappie

Large mouth

White catfish

And channel catfish

Awesome report! Knocked out a ton of species! I've Only ever caught one white catfish

dbeam likes this.

Had to look it up to make sure, but I think your white crappie is actually a black crappie. Great job knocking out so many species in one trip, you're off to a great start!

http://bluegillfishing.us/black-crap...he-difference/
    basswrangler, and dbeam like this.

Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Something about counting the spines. That is my trouble I tend to not divide up species past a certain point. Crappie, and Bream is as far as I divide. I am not always sure about catfish either for that matter.

If you want to travel sometime your welcome up this way. Kerr Scott M&G is coming up.

Darrell
    Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by dbeam View Post
    Something about counting the spines. That is my trouble I tend to not divide up species past a certain point. Crappie, and Bream is as far as I divide. I am not always sure about catfish either for that matter.

If you want to travel sometime your welcome up this way. Kerr Scott M&G is coming up.

Darrell
    I'll be there this year Darrell!! I'm with you about dividing up the species too far, but as he has a very specific goal, I posted that link for him. As for me, fish get divided into two categories: fish I can eat, and fish I can't, or won't. Hopefully this year I'll add a third category for fish I use for bait, but I haven't caught a shad before so I refuse to make a category for them yet.
    dbeam likes this.

Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by quest4reds View Post
    Had to look it up to make sure, but I think your white crappie is actually a black crappie. Great job knocking out so many species in one trip, you're off to a great start!

http://bluegillfishing.us/black-crap...he-difference/
    Ahhh I think your right! I don't really know the difference too well. I've caught them were they are pretty much totally black figured to was too light to be a black crappie.

dbeam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryguy442 View Post
    Ahhh I think your right! I don't really know the difference too well. I've caught them were they are pretty much totally black figured to was too light to be a black crappie.
    I knew there were some subtle differences, but I had to look up what they were. I don't think I've ever caught a white crappie, not sure they are in Harris. If I'm remembering right, Froggywaters mentioned them one time here on the forum, he most likely knows where to find some, in fact he probably knows where to find a whole bunch of different species on your list, very knowledgeable guy and willing to share to boot, bought my kayak from him, another subject he is very familiar with.
    dbeam likes this.

Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by quest4reds View Post
    I knew there were some subtle differences, but I had to look up what they were. I don't think I've ever caught a white crappie, not sure they are in Harris. If I'm remembering right, Froggywaters mentioned them one time here on the forum, he most likely knows where to find some, in fact he probably knows where to find a whole bunch of different species on your list, very knowledgeable guy and willing to share to boot, bought my kayak from him, another subject he is very familiar with.
    I'll have to find him in here, there is going to be a few species that I have no idea on were to find them. That's all I'm the fun of it tho.

dbeam likes this.

Hey Ryguy442, new to the forum myself. I live in Burlington as well (off Hwy 49 south of town), have a 12' MalibuKayak that I plan to use a lot this year. Would love to meet up with you and fish together, let me know if you're interested.
    dbeam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by josh31080 View Post
    Hey Ryguy442, new to the forum myself. I live in Burlington as well (off Hwy 49 south of town), have a 12' MalibuKayak that I plan to use a lot this year. Would love to meet up with you and fish together, let me know if you're interested.
    Yeah! For sure we can meet up and do some fishing sometime. I lived on 49 near cedar rock park for a long time. I'm trying to get out every chance I get this year. Shoot me a pm on here.

Ryan

dbeam likes this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Welcome Josh, you will need to make a few more posts to the forum before the PM feature will work. Welcome to the site, Glad you have joined us.

Darrell
    Red X Angler

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast