Challenging myself this year and will need help - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Challenging myself this year and will need help

Thanks, Darrell...for the welcome and the info about the posts.
    dbeam likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well I'm wanting to do some fishing Sunday but I'm kinda torn on where to go. I want to get at least one new species to add to the list. My options are go to Harris and try to find a pickerel. Or do to the haw river locally and get a few pan fish or maybe a bullhead. What do you guys think? Any ideas or advice? All always, thanks!

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys went fishing locally on the haw river hoping to get some sheltered water from the wind. Fishing was alittle tuff but I did manage to catch one species I was targeting. Just realized there is like 3 types of bullhead. Wish I took better pictures but he was on the small side and my hand covers most of him. Pretty sure it a brown bullhead but I'd like to see what you guys think. I also caught a few bluegills but I was on shore when I caught them so I don't count them in the challenge but those aren't hard to catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dbeam, and quest4reds like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well guys looks like I won't be finishing this challenge, at least not this year. I've been having a few health issues that have been keeping out of the kayak the last few months. I'm doing better now and I've been out just paddleing around with the wife a few times. So I just don't have enuff time this year to finish my challenge.... there is one thing I would like to do this year, I've never caught a carp and I'd love to get one from the kayak this year sometime. But Antwan's thanks for all the help you've guys have given me with the challenge and I'll try to do it again next year.

Ryan

Hope you get back to 100% real or should I say REEL soon. With fall around the corner, you still may be able to complete your goal!
    Heck I have had Carp at Sutton swim over my baits, so I am no help there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    Hope you get back to 100% real or should I say REEL soon. With fall around the corner, you still may be able to complete your goal!
    Heck I have had Carp at Sutton swim over my baits, so I am no help there.
    Thanks bob! Lucky it wasn't anything life threatening. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I won't have time to finish it, I'm tring to get caught up on my work that I've been falling behind on. Luckily the owner of the camaro that's in my shop has been very patient with me while I've been getting everything sorted out. But now it's time to the metal work on it knocked out.

Anyways I remember when I was younger my dad and I were at the haw river and could see schools of carp out there and no matter what I tried I couldn't get one to bite. Did have them chasing a fly once or twice. Ever since then I've felt a vendetta to catch one. I have a lot more info on them now so might be able to do it this year.

Ryan

Well I’m back! Think I’m going to give this challenge a go again this year! They won’t all be from the kayak this year but I’ll try for as many as I can from it. My health issues are better still not 100% but I’m as good as I’m going to get, I think. I might count saltwater species too this time. But I saltwater fish every so we’ll see. Should be a fun year tring out new stuff so even if I don’t make it to 25 I’m still going have fun tring!! I end this year off on a good note with a mirror carp a few weekends ago and my biggest bass of the year last weekend, 6 pounds. I’ll put some pics of those up. Anyways hopefully I can you guys the show some support and motivate me, maybe give me some tips on where to find some species. Thanks!!

Ryan

I guess mirror carp are pretty rare around here from what I’ve told. Hell its the only carp iv ever caught. Next year I’ll be doing more carp fishing for sure
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	5851E02B-A131-4752-8D29-783D494C8FE1_1543842323329.jpg‎
Views:	63
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	192481 Click image for larger version.

Name:	4E669FE8-4E19-4A78-86C4-E6DCC0E657E8_1543842409415.jpg‎
Views:	63
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	192483

Anytime you want to fish towards the coast let me know,(swansboro, topsail) we can try to do some inshore fishing. Trout, drum, flounder. Shoot me a message on here or instagram @Carolina Coast kayak fishing. Ive always done a lot of saltwater fishing, started kayak fishing about a year ago and now I go every chance I get.

Thanks! Just followed you on Instagram. My buddy and I defiantly wanna plan a trip out that way so we will hit you up! I’m up to 8 species on the year so far. Been fighting for no9 but this cold weather has everything in a funk.

Yea that and the rain have made things tough. But just let me know and we will try to plan something!

Thanks! I’ll let you know. I’m going to be out there in May for a wedding. Won’t be bring the kayak but think we are chartering a boat for some inshore stuff. But I will be back out there with the kayak this year.

Cool deal 👍🏻

Well guys I did it! I ended up with 25 species before the end of March! All from freshwater in North Carolina. Not all from a kayak but oh well. It’s been a blast think I’m going to push for a lot more maybe 40? I can post some pics on here if anyone is interested. Here’s the list!

Species 2019
    0. Black crappie
    0. White crappie
    0. Channel catfish
    0. White catfish
    0. Blue catfish
    0. Brown bullhead
    0. Snail bullhead
    0. Flat bullhead
    0. Largemouth bass
    0. Striped bass
    0. White bass
    0. Green sunfish
    0. Bluegill
    0. Redbreast sunfish
    0. Warmouth
    0. White shiner
    0. Golden shiner
    0. Gizzard shad
    0. Common carp
    0. Bull chub
    0. Yellow perch
    0. Pumpkinseed
    0. Creek chub
    0. Bowfin
    0. Bluehead chub

Ryan
    Yakkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryguy442 View Post
    Well guys I did it! I ended up with 25 species before the end of March! All from freshwater in North Carolina. Not all from a kayak but oh well. It’s been a blast think I’m going to push for a lot more maybe 40? I can post some pics on here if anyone is interested. Here’s the list!

Ryan
    Congrats,

I would suggest targeting some of the cold water fish walleye, northern pike, muskie, tiger muskie and of course all the various trout. Don't see too many guys hitting the more cold water fish outside of trout but walleye,muskie and pike all put up a great fight and are fun to catch.
    dbeam likes this.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast