The Return of Jesus.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Jesus.

Default The Return of Jesus.

I'm curious if anyone else is getting the message that we are getting close to the Lords return. I just see so much evil around the world that God has to be angry. I know no man or woman is going to fix how bad it has gotten. So many churches preach prosperity not the word of God. God taken out of school, government, the military, etc..

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I agree there is much evil around but I choose to rebuke it. I am not a theologian but I don't think he is done with his creation and he still has many works to show us. I believe there will be another revival soon, in this country and around the world.

Thank you for your response. I pray that you are correct. I find myself being very frustrated when speaking to friends about God and my own experiences. People seem to only be concerned about there incomes and yet don't want to do their part of working hard to get it. I will continue to try and be an example for them in the hope they will start to see the joy that comes from a relationship with God.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I hope I am correct too. I think it's good your being a light for your friends, that said you might want to also get some additional new friends. I can understand your frustration but two things that might help - I saw a Zulu tribesman on my mission trip to South Africa in the hospital, this man knew no English and my guess God as we know him, as we asked others if we could pray over them as patients and hospital staff, he put his hands together and requested we pray over him. Say what you like, I think he saw something good happening and wanted to be part of it. That gives me hope that there is others out there just wanting to be part of the same thing. That wasn't the only example I saw.

Second, we don't always get to see the harvest of the seed we plant. In this journey sometimes we are just the planters, sometimes the caretakers and sometimes the harvester. We have to do our part and he will do his. Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord

Your an inspiration to me. The last two days turned out great. 3 of my buds at work came to me to discuss different topics and their relationships with God. One has been trying to have a child with his wife and their having trouble. He can't understand it and I was able to help him both spiritually and with knowledge as my daughter had the same issue and I now have an awesome grandson. The second was approaching our talk more round about, but his interest is growing. The third is attending church again with his wife after many years away. Proverbs 3:5 really showed itself and your posting it shows God is talking to me once again. The joy I feel is wonderful.
    Thank you once again.

Quote Originally Posted by seaway View Post
    your posting it shows God is talking to me once again.
    It's a two way street and that testimonial is awesome. He spoke to both of us. I am not one to make those types of posts. I viewed your post more then a few times before posting, even had to reset my password before I did.

Heard a message yesterday that might bring some more hope, the Pastor said that in the day of Jesus, there was an estimated ratio of 1 believer to 87,000 non-believers in the world, today that number is around 1:6.
    jerry condrey, and kevcoachk like this.

Those are awesome stats. It does ggive me a lot of hope. I thought it was going the other direction. I'not one to post anything but I feel real comfortable on this forum. Becoming a fisher of men was real hard and then became easy very fast. I feel we as believers must keep talking and asking questions of each other. It can only help us to grow in our faith and love of God. Thanks for the response!!
    jerry condrey, kevcoachk, and zky1812 like this.

Those are awesome stats. It does ggive me a lot of hope. I thought it was going the other direction. I'not one to post anything but I feel real comfortable on this forum. Becoming a fisher of men was real hard and then became easy very fast. I feel we as believers must keep talking and asking questions of each other. It can only help us to grow in our faith and love of God. Thanks for the response!!
    i`d have to say that 1 to 6 is a little off - just tooo much hatred in our world and i do believe the end is NOT TO FAR AWAY

Ever since I was a kid, I've been hearing that the Lord is coming back for His people very soon. I think that since it has not happened yet, many Christians and their churches have become complacent. But a lot of what was foretold has come to pass.
    Here's what happened to me this week..
    My wife Mary, who many of you know, lost her job at Medcost about ten weeks ago due to a departmental shut down. He has been busting out resumes every day trying to find work. But hiring is slow in that field. I was going to retire in October, but cannot til she finds work..
    Monday, I asked her had she applied at Aetna. She had, and had heard nothing. I told her I had a feeling that they were going to call her. Friday morning I felt that God was laying something on my heart, and told her not venture out that day, Aetna was gonna call her..
    At exactly ten a.m., my phone rang.
    Yep, it was Aetna. They did a fifteen minute interview, They then called her in for her second interview this Wednesday.
    God still works miracles..

That's great news and a great testimonial. That's the stuff that many Christians are blind too. Gods actions to help us. I also believe He is testing us right now to see if we turn from him when times get tough. If the end (or beginning, dependent on how you view it) is near He wants to know who the bride will be made up of. My wife and I have been through so much this year, from losing our single wide and belongings due to the wrong A/C unit installed resulting in a house full of mold, to myself needing 2 surgeries for hernias while being denied the compensation from work. No income for 12 weeks and worse yet I can't work on the skiff I'm restoring...lol. Anyway we did not turn from God, we prayed even harder for his help and we've made it through all this and learned a valuable lesson about how little "things" mean. He will always be there for us and you if we trust in him.
    4acres, and zky1812 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba man View Post
    i`d have to say that 1 to 6 is a little off - just tooo much hatred in our world and i do believe the end is NOT TO FAR AWAY
    Thats what they want you to believe. I didn't believe the numbers either so I did some research after service, 7.5 billion people and they say 2.2 billion are Christian. Even if you don't like 4, 6 or say even 10, much better then 87,000 and in a short time.

That's great news and a great testimonial. That's the stuff that many Christians are blind too. Gods actions to help us. I also believe He is testing us right now to see if we turn from him when times get tough. If the end (or beginning, dependent on how you view it) is near He wants to know who the bride will be made up of. My wife and I have been through so much this year, from losing our single wide and belongings due to the wrong A/C unit installed resulting in a house full of mold, to myself needing 2 surgeries for hernias while being denied the compensation from work. No income for 12 weeks and worse yet I can't work on the skiff I'm restoring...lol. Anyway we did not turn from God, we prayed even harder for his help and we've made it through all this and learned a valuable lesson about how little "things" mean. He will always be there for us and you if we trust in him.
    Amen, don't know the plan for you but I thought of the story of Joesph. His brother's threw him a pit, sold him off and in the end he is second in command of Egypt. There are brighter days ahead for you.

Amen Brother, Thank you

Blog Entries

"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." Matthew 24:14

We are certainly closer than we have ever been! In the midst of much evil, despair and depravity in the world, God is still at work in the lives of men and women who have a heart to seek and to follow Him.
    derekp, Nat's Dad, and seaway like this.

Your quote of Matthew is important in telling all Christians to be vigilant in bringing the Gospel too many. All who are reading this please pray for the folks in Texas.
    NCangler likes this.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast