NC Angler Forums banner

The glory heaven

6K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  seaway 
#1 ·
Have you ever thought about what Heaven will be like ? The bible tells us that the human mind cannot even conceive of the glory of heaven.
I have often wondered if there will be any of the activities that we enjoy in this life in our eternal life. Will there be fishing, football, ect, ect. How will we get around from place to place, walk, fly, just think about where we won't to go and " poof " we are there ? Will our beloved pets be in heaven with us ?
That's just a few of the thoughts I've had about Heaven and was wondering if some of you have had similar thoughts.:)

#3 ·
Think about what eternity really is.
For ever and ever.
A really, really, really, really, long span X a billion longer unimaginable times isn`t even enough to count AS time compared to eternity. The concept of time itself won`t even exist or be measured. Just another thing the human mind can`t CONCEIVE. Guess it will just have to be PERCEIVED , when it happens, forever.

#5 ·
I look at this beautiful Earth, the mountains, oceans, animals, plant life and human life. I look at the sun, the moon, the stars, all in perfect harmony and rotation with each other.
Evolution ? No way ! All of this had to have been created by a higher being, " GOD the father, JESUS the son, and the HOLY SPIRIT

#6 ·
Mo, i think about that all the time...what will heaven be like & how will we get around or know where to go. What kind of things can we do when we get there. Will we be able to enjoy things like here on earth.
Above all that , we get the greatest gift anyone could ever ask for...to have eternal liffe with our lord & savior. That's awesome in itself. Lots of things to ponder about.

#8 ·
My first memory is the dawn of a new day when I was maybe 3 years old. The sun was gleaming through the back screen door, the spring air was fresh and I had not a single worry in the world. That moment really defined peace and contentment to me and I think that's why I remember it as though it happened earlier today.

What I cannot remember is the last time I slept past dawn and in fact, my day just isn't right unless I catch a glimpse of the rising sun. That's my time for praise, prayer and reflection and for decades, I've tried to relive the peace I remember that one morning decades ago - I've come close many times, but that kind of carefree peace is only for youth.

I sometimes wonder if Heaven will be like that peaceful distant memory... The dawn of a fresh spring day without knowing worry or sadness.

#9 ·
Jesus Christ took my sins away on that old rugged cross, so I know that I will be with Him and my loved ones some day in that wonderful place called Heaven.
I feel really sad for those that do not believe, and will be spending eternity in that other place. It is my prayer that they will wake up and smell the roses before it's too late...
God bless you all
MO

#10 ·
My prayer also Mofish, there are so so many that just dont believe in Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they complain about so much pain and suffering on this earth, that hell will be many times worse, and they just don't want to believe or with they believe and don't want to change their lifestyle or give up those things that they worship instead of Him. Our Lord loves us so much that I do believe that we'll have those places that He finds so dear to His heart. The mountains, rivers, oceans, and the quite places where we'll be able to worship Him everyday. Where we'll see our family and friends and walk along and have conversation with them and Our Lord. Look forward to seeing my Dad, whom died in 1977, and tell him of his grandchildren and greatgrandchildren. Do some fishing like we use to do when I was my grandson's age, at 7, buying some minnows, getting the cain poles and going to catch some jacks and pikes down on the swamp bank. Been way to long since I saw him, but then so thankful that we just celebrated my moms 88th birthday yesterday, that we are so blessed to still have her here with us. Really gives you alot to think about everyday. God Bless to all, georgep.

#11 ·
I also wonder about the things of heaven. It probably won't be anything like we may imagine since we are in the flesh and that's all we have ever known in this present life. I try not to dwell on it too much since our mission in this life is to endeavor to reach the lost so they too may experience the wonderous joys of our celestial and eternal home. To me, one of the greatest parts of God's heavenly kingdom will be the absence of Satan's influence. It will be so wonderful to not be tempted, deceived, or influenced by the evil one, henceforth, there will be no sin. Heaven will be only righteousness. I too love to fish and experience God's creation, but whatever He has in store will be so wonderous I'm sure we wouldn't want to come back to anything this life offers anyhow.

#12 ·
The glory of Heaven will be so wonderful and powerful that the bodies and minds that we have now can not imagine or handle it. Thats why the Lord will give all of us that are saved a glorified body like the Bible says. I thank GOD for all the blessings He gives me everyday and the blessings that we will get over in Heaven. We do not deserve anything He has done for us no matter how good a life we have lived on this earth but Praise GOD that when we accept HIM as savior we become heirs to HIS kingdom and all the spiritual riches that HE has waiting for us. Those of us that are saved should let everyone know that they too can have the same blessings and eternal security that we have. Praise GOD!

#15 ·
Hell will be the complete absence of the presence of God. Total separation from Him because of sin. Heaven will be the opposite, to forever abide in the presence of God, to see Him as He is and to be transformed into His image, and to worship Him for eternity. The heavens declare His praises and we will too. I do believe that what we do and how we live in this life affects what we will do in the next life. If I am found faithful in this life I believe God will grant me the opportunity to do greater things in the next. :)

#16 ·
I often say to the wife if we could get rid of our earthly laws and simply follow Gods law of...Love thy neighbor as you would love thyself...we would have heaven on earth. I continue to spend more time with God and I find myself becoming more peaceful everyday. I think to myself if its that easy to feel that good here on earth during such troubled times then heaven will be absolutely amazing. Keep in mind that He will keep us busy in His Kingdom on earth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.