Inshore Afternoon bite!

Thread: Afternoon bite!

Default Afternoon bite!

As the wind has become somewhat more manageable, I found it necessary to hit the water this afternoon and fish for a few hours. I had my oldest son with me and we started throwing gulp shrimp on an incoming tide. I caught a couple of trout and lost a flounder at the boat. I thought my son had a great red, but as it got near the boat I saw that it was a blue. It came off just after we got a good look. We move to the edge of a flat and I caught a red around 18". As we were working our way around the flat I thought I locked up with a decent red until the fish busted the surface. It was a blast fighting this fish on a med-light rod. All in all, great couple of hours fishing.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0081.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	141401

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Great report!! Well done!!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wademaster View Post
    Congrats on the Blog Award!
    Thanks, wow, that's awesome. The reports, tips, and info given on this forum provide a lot of motivation. A lot of my recent catches have come off casts where I was trying to avoid my usual "bank beater" mentality, and it seems to be paying off. I made it out again today, and caught the last hour or so before low tide. I got into one of my favorite spots while I still could and hooked up with a 23" red that had some battle scars. It was the only fish for today. Lure was a "chicken on a chain" paddle tail. I generally fish the Swansboro area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_9d.jpg‎
Views:	86
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	141529
    Greenmonster, and wademaster like this.

That's what I'm talking about! What kind of boat is under that fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmonster View Post
    That's what I'm talking about! What kind of boat is under that fish?
    BayRider 2060 with inshore essentials......Power Pole, trolling motor, HDS-5. There are some days where I would enjoy a boat that I could abuse against some oysters a little more, but for fishing with kids it's perfect.

To add to my above quote, all of the info provided on this forum is just that, info. Without the friendly and helpful attitudes of the people who post here, it wouldn't happen.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements