NC Angler Forums banner

New Fly Rod

Freshwater 
8K views 73 replies 11 participants last post by  Coach D 
#1 ·
Just made this purchase on Ebay. Couldn't pass it up. I think I got a good deal on it. This is the link for amazon and their prices but I bought mine for 32.00 with shipping included. Let me know if this was in fact a good deal. I hope I made a wise choice. Oh yeah. It was the bass fishing one that I got.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Scientific-Anglers-Species-Specific-Fishing/dp/B0014XY1RU]Amazon.com: Scientific Anglers Species Specific Fly Fishing Outfit Combo: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

#27 ·
Coach--I've been without fishing equipment twice in my life--once when I accidentally threw my rod and reel into Haw River when I was a kid-- next time was when thieves stole all my tackle off my boat while it was parked at a marina on Atlantic Beach back in the sixties-- so, I feel your pain. So, relax and enjoy your misfortune?

Scott-- I'm sending a package to you marked ( Catch'em Up Coach Flies )
Will mail to your address tomorrow unless you advise otherwise.

#40 ·
I tell ya. This was not what I intended when I posted about losing my fly box but I am most grateful to all of you. Lots know I've recently seperated from my wife and my trust in others was wanting. But it has now been strengthed again by the kindness in the hearts of my fellow fisherman.

#41 ·
Hey coach ..that's what friend are for... We've never met..but hope that changes soon. After all, a man can never have too many friends now can he. Especially fishing friends. Scott, i will get some flies tie up for the coach. Just let me know how you want to recieve them. Dou you want to meet allen & myself in kinston and get them or do you want us to mail them to ya. I'm not sure when you will be over in k-town again.

#44 ·
Hey Yak ,I'm planning on giving mine to Scott before the 7th unless we get the chance to meet the Coach in person . Coach we are having a small get together in Kinston on Feb 17th for about 3 hrs . starting around 7:00 to 9:30 or 10:00 . We are having 1and1/2 hrs of fly tying and the rest of the time will be on the next meeting in May and it will be something special . Coach, we will have a large pot of chilli on hand . It is a good ways for you to drive and if it don't work out this time maybe we will see you in May,.... Allen

#48 ·
Hey guys lets still do a swap of sorts.. I'll post some more this evening. I'll say some hellos and post some swap rules if you like. It'll help out Coach's collection..and even give us a bit of a variety in our boxes.
sorry so short...off to work
Bass Rex and the pan fish fly swap for Coach

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.