NC Angler Forums banner

New Fly Rod

Freshwater 
8K views 73 replies 11 participants last post by  Coach D 
#1 ·
Just made this purchase on Ebay. Couldn't pass it up. I think I got a good deal on it. This is the link for amazon and their prices but I bought mine for 32.00 with shipping included. Let me know if this was in fact a good deal. I hope I made a wise choice. Oh yeah. It was the bass fishing one that I got.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Scientific-Anglers-Species-Specific-Fishing/dp/B0014XY1RU]Amazon.com: Scientific Anglers Species Specific Fly Fishing Outfit Combo: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

#5 ·
Me too. Was gonna get the one that you and me had talked about hemi but I figured for the price. I couldn't beat this one. It's an 8 wt. where the other was a 6 and I think it'll be better served for some of the areas I like with lots of lilly pads.

#9 ·
me too. I had an eagle claw that is old and starting to rust in places. Been looking fora new one to upgrade to. I hope this one works out. Now i just need some flies. Lost my brand new fly box the other day in the dark when I went to do some fly fishing after work. Didn't realize I dropped it and now I'm out about 50 bucks worth of flies and a wooden umqua fly box that was on sale at the tarheel fish and game going out of business sale

#13 ·
Maybe some of our fellow tiers will jump in and help out . What kind of flies did you have ...what kind of fly fishing did you do. If 4or 5 of us tiers could do four each you should be set. Just tell me what wt rod do you use and tell us what you fish for most, We will have to work out delivery... lets do this before the mans rod gets here

#16 ·
I appreciate the offer. I'm not looking for handouts honestly. Was just sounding off my frustration at my own stupidity. :eek: Shoulda headed back before it got dark and not rushed.

#17 ·
I'll tie Some! Any thing to help someone out.....Maybe we should do a swap and get Coach D to be swap miester. Man rule #32 specificially states that one full set and any extras go to the swap miester.
???? what you all think. Coach are you mainly targeting large mouth?

#22 ·
PUT ME IN COACH...I'LL BE GLAD TO TIE YOU SOME AS WELL.
MAN RULE # 1...LOOK OUT FOR FELLOW FLY FISHING FRIENDS.
THIS IS NOT A HAND OUT..SO DON'T FEEL THAT WAY..THIS IS WHAT FRIENDS DO FOR ONE ANOTHER. I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL. BEEN THERE DONE THAT MYSELF. I'M JUST FORTUNATE ENOUGH
THAT I KNOW HOW TO TIE MY OWN... I HAVE A GREAT TEACHER & FLY FISHING BUDDY..TARHEEL FLY FLINGER..!! WHAT KIND OF FISHING DO YOU MAINLY DO...BASS, BLUE GILL, CRAPPIE...ETC.. JUST LET US ALL KNOW AND WE'LL HOOK A FELLOW FLY FISHERMAN UP WITH SOME FLIES. BE SURE TO POST YOUR ADDRESS SO WE CAN SEND THEM TO YOU. DON'T FORGET..YOU'RE STILL INVITED TO THE TARHEEL FLY FLINGER'S CLUB MEETING ON FEB. 17 th @ 7 PM IN KINSTON. QUITE A FEW FROM NC ANGLER WILL BE THERE. IF YOU CAN ATTEND ..YOU CAN GET THEM IN PERSON FROM THOSE THAT WILL BE THERE..LIKE MYSELF, TARHEEL FLY FLINGER, CCOBB AND MANY MORE. FOR ALL THOSE OTHER FELLOW FLY FISHERMAN/TYERS..YOU GUYS MAKE ME PROUD SHOWING YOUR GRATTITUDE. I COMMEND ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR OPEN HEARTS TO A FELLOW FISHERMAN. THANKS GUYS.

#23 ·
10-4 Guys...thats the way to get the ball to rolling..

Coach this is not a hand out...just a bunch of guys willing to use a special skill they have
to help you gain some momentum on some items lost in the hustle and bustle of life...

Allen and team...I'm headed to the flyfishing clinic in Fayetteville on the 7th of Feb. and could take some
up to Coach..he is going to be in the class also..

I'll get with yall before I leave and gather anything I need to take..

I have a few I'll donate to the cause...:):):)

#24 ·
I appreciate all the offers guys. I fish for all fresh water species here in the area. My favs lately have been chain pikeral and black crappie but I like anything that will hit and fight hard. My spirits are truly lifted by the kindness in my fellow fisherman.

#25 ·
ill share a little story here myself,it is all about friendships and how there forged.
5 years ago when i moved to n.c i found queens creek which at the time was 4.5 miles from my house in hubert.
i talked with some local fisherman and learned from them what to fish with and what i could target,well low and behold i found the red drum and soon started talking about it on the internet about all the fish i was cacthing there,never held back spots or baits even started takin people out and showing them what ive learned there.
well i used to get threats about talking the creek up from people who didnt want more people there and after not giving in to them they tryed another tactic.
i was fishing alone one nite on the creek next to the bridge in some relatively shallow water luckally and it was dark,i had my lights on and all of a sudden i hear a motor roaring towards me,they turned less than a foot from me at a high rate of spead sending me and my gear into the water.........i had on board a camera that was givin to me by a marine i used to take fishing all the time and it was his own personal camera he had in iraq with him,even thought it was not a very expensive camera it was the world to me,sentamental value,the camera was now ruined and i was not only mad as a hornet over getting dumped but i was madder than a hatter because of the loss of that camera.
i spoke out about the jack hole on the net and a fine bunch of people banned together and took donations and bought me a new camera.
they wouldnt let me refuse the camera and i finally excpeted it with pride that not all our human friends are jack holes and people do care what happens to friends.
what they are offering you coach is not a hand out but in fact friendship without strings,to turn such a gift of friendship down would be an insult in some peoples eyes.
its your choice but my friend let our friends help you out,you never kinow when you can help them out ;)
sorry for rambling but coach i know how you feel and i know how they feel let us help any way we can.

#26 ·
10-4 Tim...couldn't have said it better...

So tie em up boys and we'll rally to Coaches D-efense... so whip up some bream, crappie and bass
flies and we'll get em to him....might want a chain pickerel or Jack fly and maybe a bowfin fly...??

bassasarus rex....go ahead and postem not sure what the rules are but seems pretty interesting...

How about if you don't know how to tie and only fish...:D but I'm working on that end of the line..

<*)))))>{

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.