Neuse River Stripers March 7th - Page 8
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Neuse River Stripers March 7th

hey BigE .. I'm diggin' it. We'll be wavin' it the 7th. Reporting from the runway at OAJ ... over & out. :-)

* StormCatcher - Sea Hunt Triton 260; Twin 150 Yamaha 4-strokers pushin Red X Anglers
    * Please support our heros @[COLOR=Blue]. RFA Member

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cool

A little something to get you guys more excited about the 7th, if thats possible lol

North Carolina Sportsman - Try Neuse doubleheader of specks and stripers

I marvel how the fishes live in the sea.
    Why, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones.
    William Shakespeare

Oh great and powerful OZ aka Mr. Hobbs,is there a ruff draft of the riding list yet? Just so if we dont know that person we may introduce ourselves.... or wait a little closer to BLAST OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! Ya know im diggin this right??? lololol

Eric......Red X Anglers

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Big E...look at the very first post in this thread. Scott updates it periodically.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Hey Keith are you going to come down for this? if so me and coach D are going also and we should car pool there to split the cost for gas! let me know if you are going!

2014 Native Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick
    Wicked Catch Pro Staff

At this point I am planning on dragging the boat down. I have received clearance from the "front office" here at home :-) I would be happy to car pool.

Keith

"Time's fun when you're having flies!" Kermit the Frog
    22ft Blackjack, F250 Yamaha; 16ft Chaos Bonefisher, F60 Yamaha

Man wish the 7th would hurry up and get here...........Im itchin ta go fishin

William Shakespeare

Hey guys....I keep the running tally of boats and non boaters on the first page and first post....that
    way everyone justs goes there and checks for any boating updates..

So go ahead and lookin to that and start getting your stratiges in order....also check out Google Earth,
    Visual Earth (Microsoft) and terra firma, for New Bern....and check out the river from Lawson Creek
    across the Trent River and to the Neuse River and up river towards Swift Creek and down river towards Duck Creek, NE Creek...Broad creek...
    Goose and Beards creeks...

Familiarize yourselves with the water....1 mile or so across the river at New Bern so...lots of water...

Good news...just talked to a buddy today..they were at the Trent River high rise bridge
    last week catching stripers...that bridge is only 100 yards or less from the boat ramp...

Can't wait,,,,, I feel the need of a jerk on my line..

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

What time is the meet and greet at the Lawson Creek ramp on the morning of the 7th?

Hey John, send me a PM so we can meet.

We have it set up for 7am on the 7th at Lawson Creek Ramp....the one at the end of the road..there is
    another one on the left coming in, go all the way to the backend....

Fish until about 3pm or when ever your boat crew is ready to call it a day...you can fish all day if you wish ..
    just giving some parameters to help others plan....

<*)))))>{

<*)))))>{

I just made our reservations....

I had planned to bring our camper out to the area, but we found a campground (Twin Lakes) in Washington, NC with waterfront cabins for $34/ a night. $1 more than we would have paid for a spot for our pop up... I'll save the gas money I'd blow towing.

We'll get there Friday afternoon, fish from the banks Friday afternoon on the Pamlico River, then drive down to New Bern early Saturday for the meet. Sunday... Probably fishing form the banks in Washington, NC, as someone recommended in another thread. THAT should be enough fishing for one weekend even for my fish addicted son.

Google maps says that it's 45 minutes down US 17 to New Bern. We'll allow 75 minutes to be safe...

If anyone else is thinking of camping nearby, they still have 1 or 2 cabins open that weekend.

John doesn't get on here much. I'll send you a pm since he's my best bud if you don't mind ms. perfect.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Stripers are not scared to hit big baits...they use 10-12 inch eels to fish for them ....and also use
    10 inch plastic worms to imulate the eels...get the eel...ie looking ones..motor oil, fire tiger
    and such for imitaitons...

1/2 ounce rattle traps in chrome/black and chrome/blue...and other colors work also...blue/charteuse..
    .I'm going thru my old bass tackle and breaking out lures I haven't used for years..

There have been lots of drum caught in these areas in the past few months...especially back
    towards Hog Island....so spinnerbaits in gold/charteuse, gold/yellow/green and thing
    like that will attrach stripers/bass/red drum...

Stripers will also they will take any thing that looks like a minnow..also some 6 inch
    broke back Rebels work wonders also...black/chrome, blue/chrome...

As well as store bought big shiners or minnows....just check the electronics and see how deep the fish
    are holding and lower the minnows down
    to that certain depth and ease around the pillings or let the wind slowly push you around the bridge or
    rail road tressel...

Lots and lots of different ways to catch fish in the area...

Im thinking about modifying a few 3/8 oz spinnerbaits for the occasion. I have so many of my bass baits that i really want to use that I am having a hard time separating what i want to take from what i dont want to take. I will have it worked out by the 7th and will be able to pack reasonably light.
    Scott Hobbs likes this.

I know I know.......I have 3 tackle boxes I want to bring along. Salt/fresh/odd lures I havent used in a while. Maybe I can hook a dinghy on the back to carry all our tackle. lol

I have caught stripers at the trestle with jigs, always a good choice.

William Shakespeare

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast