NC Angler Forums banner

Another vacation to Florida

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  toomuch 
#1 ·
Took my boys on an end of summer break vacation to Florida to visit some family, and do all kinds of other cool stuff. I could write an epic report with the details of everything we did, and we did A LOT of stuff, but I'll just give you the picture show of some of the fishing highlights. Send a PM if you require details, but the important thing is, we had a blast.

Pics are in the order they were caught. Only got out on the lake for a few hours, but glad we didn't skip it all together, I caught my PB LMB at 8.15lbs. Both my sons had a blast in the Gulf of Mexico catching snapper and grouper. Only my older son, saltwaterfisher, accompanied me snook fishing and we did ok, lol, man I wish we had snook up here, they PULL HARD and they jump!
Sky Plant Hood Cloud Fisherman
Food Seafood Ingredient Recipe Fish
Water Cloud Sky Vertebrate Smile
Boat Sky Wood Smile Hat
Water Sky Human body Cloud Freezing
Water Sky Cloud Boat Outdoor recreation

Mods, could you rotate that upside down pic please?

See less See more
#8 ·
Just an FYI for those that may be interested. My brother hooked me up with one of his extra reels and put it on a 7'3" Halo Twilight baitcasting rod, M or MH I think. The reel he gave me is an Abu Garcia inshore reel cause he knows I primarily fish salt water inshore. I was using this setup when I caught the 8.15lb LMB in thick bulrush. This reel is the cat's meow in my humble opinion. Casts a mile with my meager bait casting skills, reels like butter slathered in bacon grease, and the drag is smooth as silk, that big bass gave me several experiences with how well the drag worked. If you were contemplating getting one, don't hesitate, if you like it half as much as I do, you will be very happy with your purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.