NC Angler Forums banner

Prayer Request

5K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  trigger22 
#1 ·
My grandfather Jim Bates has spent the last 2 weeks in the ICU. The doctors have struggled to keep the fluid off of his lungs. Last night the results from his series of tests came back and he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. He was given a year to live. He's currently still in the ICU fighting the good fight. As soon as they get the fluid under control he will be able to go home. He's currently unable to eat anything and is having to be fed via a tube. I would greatly appreciate it if you could pray for him and for my grandmother who is by his side. I would love a miracle and I know that HE can give one, but all I really ask is that he is able to go home from the hospital and live a normal life until it is his time to go home to the Lord. Allow him to eat a normal diet, tend his garden, and go to church on Sundays. When it is his time to go, the Lord will call him home. He is without a shadow of a doubt, the most Godly man I know. He's responsible for getting me up to the alter as a young man to accept the Lord as my savior and played a large part in my decision to stay in the military after my first term.

#11 ·
Thank you everyone, it is much appreciated. His breathing got out of control today and his heart rate jumped. They had to put him on morphine to calm him back down. Good news is the fluid has stopped building up and they are going to attempt to remove the hose tomorrow morning. Bad news is he is giving up. He did change his mind today about wanting treatment and is scheduled to see a doctor on Monday to hopefully start that. He initially said that he did not want to go through with it. I really appreciate your continued prayers.

#18 ·
Thank you guys so much for the prayers and comments. They did not remove the tube today, they coated the scar tissue on his lungs instead to hopefully be able to remove it tomorrow. Since doing so, his blood pressure has dropped back to normal and his breathing has gotten better. As long as nothing changes tonight, they are going to attempt to remove the tube tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.