NC Angler Forums banner

Our hope in Jesus Christ...

5K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  4acres 
#1 ·
My wonderful mom stepped into eternity early this morning. She was almost 87 years old and a remarkable woman. The only consolation to our loss, is knowing her gain!

"But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words." - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

Amen!

#10 ·
I’m so sorry for your loss too. Lost my Dad and fishing buddy this past Jan. I take great comfort in knowing it’s a temporary separation to us believers. Take comfort her faith is now her sight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.